There are newer employer reviews for Mitel Networks

great colleagues and fun rapidly evolving technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great people to work with and very little politics; you can trust your colleagues have the best intentions at heart and you don't need to watch your back.
- The technology is rapidly evolving requiring much innovation and thus keeping things exciting
- Has an on site fitness centre at the Ottawa location
- Rich McBee has made significant changes in the past year which look positive. Hopefully Fiscal 1Q2013 is a minor blip given last year's great success.

Cons

- It is in a competitive market and this layoffs occur from time to time with up to 10% attrition; This is not a place for weak professionals however strong professionals need not worry.
- Location is in Kanata making it awkward to get to by public transit

reviews filtered by
  1. Work in your own space. No micro management

Current Employee - Channel Support in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Channel Support in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary. can work from home if needed.

Cons

None so far. Everything is well for now. Just the job security.

2. Mitel To Little now it's to late.....

Former Employee - Phone Tech
    Former Employee - Phone Tech

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Inter-Tel had a great work environment and superior products which is still witnessed by the Mitel 5000 platform. We always did the right thing when it came to our customers. When Steve M. managed Inter-Tel the work place was fun, we made money, and loved our jobs. We were encouraged to work smart, work outside the box and do our very best for the customer.

Cons

Mitel after the merger was not the workplace that either company experienced pre-merger. Employees were treated like third rate citizens with no regard for any logic. Project Managers and Techs were kept out of the field, from doing service to do online training for products that were never worked on, or products that the techs had no hands on experience with. A driving focus was put on maintaining or achieving certifications for every product Mitel sold. The purpose for this was that the Managers would send the techs into the field to install products they had no experience on, and told techs to just call tech support. Management thought they were doing Project Managers/installers a favor having them work overtime or doing training on a Saturday, and paying them for it. It became common place to go work on products that the employees had never seen before. Customer service took a huge back seat, some customers waiting much longer for service because of layoffs and people leaving. In the end the biggest loser in my opinion were the customers. Customer service went from Excellent to horrible.

Advice to Management

Understand that the customer is your lifeblood. Without the customer you will not be around. Treat your employees with respect, and understand that there is life outside of Mitel. Many Mitel dealers still have this focus, customer first and treat your employees like family. Happy people work, unhappy employees will likely be working for someone else. Treat employees uniformily after all where were you all at when you announced the latest round of bad news and more layoffs? Sales people are important but if you can't get the product installed, properly it really does not matter does it?