There are newer employer reviews for Mitel Networks

Demanding and stressful environment

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable and hard working co-workers --- some with many years of experience.
Fast moving environment --- new products, processes and alliances which increase the opportunity to move into new roles or new positions.
Management trying to recognize individual and team achievements more.

Cons

While there is opportunity for profit sharing, there is no matching 401k, no cost of living increase, no annual salary review.
Much is expected and many changes introduced.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from employees, show appreciation both with words and salary increases. Some managers work hard to instill teamwork, provide opportunities to celebrate as a team and recognize successes.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not a place to build a future

Former Employee - Support in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Support in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The opportunity to meet some great people

Cons

They have laid off people almost every quarter since 2008. No contributions to 401K

Advice to Management

Customer service to your customers is the last thing you strive for, If it were you would keep your most qualified people that have the experience and skills to do so.

Current employee. It's just a job. Not a career.

Current Employee - Field Tech in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Mitel Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people you work with are relaxed and easy-going (not talking about management).

You can work with management to work a flexible schedule (won't guarantee it though, you will be lucky to have a supervisor/manager that works with you and your first priority called "life").

Company profit sharing.

On a good day, management will bring in food for the employees and once a year have a company provided lunch/BBQ/picnic.

It's a job and I get a paycheck.

Cons

Experiences of others may be different than mine. I only speak for myself and what I have seen within this company. I'm a fairly optimistic person, but this place mentally and physically drains you, mostly because of ignorance of others. I will be speaking of the various levels within the company, so things are just rolling off the tongue as I type.
    =======================================================================

No ability to move up in the company.

Once you're stuck, you're stuck. The only way out is to quit (or do something stupid and get fired).

No raises, only "industry standard matching"

Doesn't matter if you have certifications in which you paid thousands of dollars in training and testing to get, you are only allowed industry standard pay.

Do not hire into managerial positions from within the company, always bring someone else in from the outside in which they call "fresh perspective". Fresh perspective can also be given from someone in who knows the technology inside-out, has worked with it for 5+ years, knows the customers for more than 5+ years and has the ability to work with them to reach a resolution in the case of an issue.

Management does not recognize employee potential. They go by numbers and metrics, basically reading a book by the cover, but never diving deep into trying to understand the silver lining.

You are expected to learn things on your own with only minor to no training.

Constant distractions from management to do their jobs (they call it delegation) which hinders employees work to not be done. I call it ignorance and not wanting to do the job.

Make sure you dress up to the nines, even if you aren't customer facing.

Benefits are garbage, almost half your paycheck is gone and you still have to pay out of pocket when you are "in-network".

When certain things are out of your hands, management will still call you out for it, some throw you under the bus. Instead of tackling the issue together and winning the customer over.

This company is on the stock market, which means make investors happy first (profits), then make customers happy, then the hierarchy inside the company. So basically employees have it the worst.

Management says they will have monthly meetings so that everyone is "up-to-date" on our offerings, mmhmm...sure.

Innovation is unheard of, just follow along with what the industry is doing. There is no, visionary, systems, creative, or influential thinking (that I see).

When certain tools are required to do the job, it'll take the approval of God to get those tools to you.

Let's just say I'm living in the year 2014 and still using a system from 2001. Really? You're a leading company?

Projects get announced and almost are always left at 75% pending and are never seen through.

Sales is sales, they implement networks that on the engineering/systems/analytical/theory side make absolutely NO FREAKING SENSE! Oh wait, then they get rewarded with trips to Hawaii for making the sale. Lame.

Customer retention is the current game, yet nothing to retain them is being done.

There are other more harsher statements, but at the current time these are current ranking problems within the company.

Advice to Management

Where did you get your management education/training, a community college?

Employees first (we make the gears turn), customers second (they fuel the machine), investors third (Mitel did good before it went public). You can throw all the fuel you want

Rich McBee needs to put in a request for his company to be presented on "Undercover Boss" so he can see what REALLY is going on in his company.

Did you know, that I, Mr. Anonymous, am an employee and an investor with the company? You have got some real problems and this news is going around quite quickly within the investors groups.

Please educate yourselves about the technology that your department is given and implement proper training for yourselves, we employees know what we are doing.

Learn to speak the truth, outright. Create a frank nature.

There are newer employer reviews for Mitel Networks