There are newer employer reviews for Mithun

Proud to have the name mithun on my resume

Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Mithun

Pros

Office environment and passion for architectural excellence is high among most staff. Culture promotes travel to see successful sustainable projects in action.

Cons

Sustainability...my way or the highway. LEED certification a priority to maintain respect among office environment a must. This happens at the cost of clients and product types.

Embrace more moderate approach to sustainability and generate more results. Moderate results of the many will outweigh exemplary results of the few.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Mithun (View Most Recent)

What Would Omer Do?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Mithun

Pros

Mithun had some of the most talented, creative and intelligent people I've worked with. The level of design was always improving, and the general office atmosphere was exceptionally supportive and fun. Yes, there could be difficult personalities, but the firm was large enough that you could often move to a different team if there were unresolved problems.

Cons

One of the strengths of the firm's founder, Omer Mithun, was his ability to hire exceptional employees and empower them to flourish in whatever was their passion. This resulted in a firm that was highly diverse and decentralized. The current CEO has taken a different approach. If you agree with his centralized vision and he trusts you, opportunities will be available to you. Unfortunately, many have not been able to achieve this and the economic downturn has only accelerated the loss of many talented employees, either by choice or lay off. The result is a smaller and more sober firm with only the expertise in institutional and civic work.

like where you work!

Former Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Mithun

Pros

Culture, location and environmental awareness

Cons

the firm tends to be top heavy; too many principles and not enough worker bees. The people who do the production should be mentored and appreciated more. The design does not tend to push the limits because integration is not fully realized. I think this is changing to some degree because they have been smart and brought on some great design minds that touch multiple projects at once.

You have done a great job in fostering a good work culture where everyone enjoys coming to work but it is important to retain visionary people to help grow the vision of the firm.

There are newer employer reviews for Mithun