Mitratech
www.mitratech.com Austin, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Mitratech 2.0 is a good place to work

Manager (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech

ProsMitratech was acquired recently. The transition was rocky. However, Mitratech is now implementing processes that have been needed for YEARS and that will truly improve the effectiveness and the efficiency within the company. Mitratech offers many chances to get involved in projects with other departments and recognizes hard, good work. Because of their parent company, Mitratech also offers advancement in other portfolio companies which is something I have never experienced before. Overall, the people are great and the environment is fun and rewarding.

ConsOne of the cons is that because Mitratech is a portfolio company, some of the standard operating procedures are non-negotiable, even if they don't fit the business model 100%. Also, Mitratech likes to provide opportunities to professionals early in their career. Although this is commendable, it can also be time-consuming and frustrating working with individuals which such little work and professional experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it's important to incorporate SOPs but I also think that we need to be agile and flexible in our application thereof. Not all software companies are the same and they can't be treated as such. Also, I think it's important to develop people who not only work hard but who exemplify leadership skills that other people respect. Lastly, manager should lead by example and they should be coached as soon as an issue arises, not once a mole hill has grown.

Was a great well-run company prior to its acquisition in November 2011.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mitratech

Pros: The customers are great and very loyal to the product. The product is complex and… Cons: - More than 40% of the staff has left the company at all levels (Engineers, Professional Services, QA, Documentation, Sales, Managers, and Executives) - They are… Advice to Senior Management: - Be honest with the employees - Be honest with the customers - Make an attempt to retain domain… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Decent salary but long work hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mitratech

Pros: Decent salary and better-than-average paid time off. Cons: Long work hours including nights and weekends. Advice to Senior Management: Talk to your engineers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Mitratech.

Worked for Mitratech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mitratech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mitratech CEO Jason Parkman . All reviews posted anonymously by Mitratech employees.