Mitratech

www.mitratech.com

Mitratech 2.0 is a good place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech

Pros

Mitratech was acquired recently. The transition was rocky. However, Mitratech is now implementing processes that have been needed for YEARS and that will truly improve the effectiveness and the efficiency within the company. Mitratech offers many chances to get involved in projects with other departments and recognizes hard, good work. Because of their parent company, Mitratech also offers advancement in other portfolio companies which is something I have never experienced before. Overall, the people are great and the environment is fun and rewarding.

Cons

One of the cons is that because Mitratech is a portfolio company, some of the standard operating procedures are non-negotiable, even if they don't fit the business model 100%. Also, Mitratech likes to provide opportunities to professionals early in their career. Although this is commendable, it can also be time-consuming and frustrating working with individuals which such little work and professional experience.

I think it's important to incorporate SOPs but I also think that we need to be agile and flexible in our application thereof. Not all software companies are the same and they can't be treated as such. Also, I think it's important to develop people who not only work hard but who exemplify leadership skills that other people respect. Lastly, manager should lead by example and they should be coached as soon as an issue arises, not once a mole hill has grown.

Other Reviews for Mitratech

Was a great well-run company prior to its acquisition in November 2011.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mitratech

Pros

The customers are great and very loyal to the product. The product is complex and the code base is huge providing developers with endless opportunities for diversity in broadening their skills.

Cons

- More than 40% of the staff has left the company at all levels (Engineers, Professional Services, QA, Documentation, Sales, Managers, and Executives)
    - They are pushing out more experienced people for young less expensive recent grads in Austin. (Over 50 Job postings on Glassdoor for Austin)
    - They have one person left in Quality Control and customers are already calling to complain
    - They are not open to ideas and improvements that do not follow their standard operating procedures.
    - They foster a fear based culture rather than a reward based culture

- Be honest with the employees
    - Be honest with the customers
    - Make an attempt to retain domain expertise for more than six months before everyone else finds another job and leaves
    - Focus on product quality

Decent salary but long work hours

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mitratech

Pros

Decent salary and better-than-average paid time off.

Cons

Long work hours including nights and weekends.

Talk to your engineers.

There are newer employer reviews for Mitratech.

Worked for Mitratech? Contribute to the Community!