Mitratech

There are newer employer reviews for Mitratech

Poor management

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Mitratech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are great, the work is usually laid back (until management makes poor decisions), and lots of company events and gatherings.

Cons

Some of upper management have very poor management skills and have sent the company into a downward spiral.

... I don't even know how I could give advice to management; their management skills are nearly the exact opposite of how I would manage a company. Work on personal relations maybe? If you do not know your workers, I would say that's not doing a good job.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Mitratech (View Most Recent)

Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Moving in the right direction since acquisition by Vista. Investing in staff, training and products to move the company forward and correct some of the errors of the past.

Cons

Still experiencing some pains from the transition. Support still having some issues but mostly due to bring all support in house.

Keep moving forward, make sure you listen to employees and continue to put processes in place to make them successful.

Mitratech 2.0 is a good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Mitratech

Pros

Mitratech was acquired recently. The transition was rocky. However, Mitratech is now implementing processes that have been needed for YEARS and that will truly improve the effectiveness and the efficiency within the company. Mitratech offers many chances to get involved in projects with other departments and recognizes hard, good work. Because of their parent company, Mitratech also offers advancement in other portfolio companies which is something I have never experienced before. Overall, the people are great and the environment is fun and rewarding.

Cons

One of the cons is that because Mitratech is a portfolio company, some of the standard operating procedures are non-negotiable, even if they don't fit the business model 100%. Also, Mitratech likes to provide opportunities to professionals early in their career. Although this is commendable, it can also be time-consuming and frustrating working with individuals which such little work and professional experience.

I think it's important to incorporate SOPs but I also think that we need to be agile and flexible in our application thereof. Not all software companies are the same and they can't be treated as such. Also, I think it's important to develop people who not only work hard but who exemplify leadership skills that other people respect. Lastly, manager should lead by example and they should be coached as soon as an issue arises, not once a mole hill has grown.

There are newer employer reviews for Mitratech