Mitratech

www.mitratech.com

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

There are some talented employees who really want to do well
There are happy hours and other activities for the employees

Cons

The pay is low for the market.
If you read some other reviews it sounds like people are often fired for no reason. I'm sure that's what some employees thought when I suddenly "disappeared." I remember thinking the same thing when another employee "disappeared." In my case, the truth is I gave my two-weeks notice. Later in the day as my co-workers were heading to a meeting, I was pulled aside, asked to sign papers, and walked out the door. This appears to be common practice at Mitratech. Managers tell employees that they can't talk about the absent people letting the employees assume the worst. I guess they don't want any employees to hear about better places to work for the next two weeks. They have reason to worry.
At my current company, I have had the opportunity to speak one-on-one with the CEO and several in senior management on many occasions. None of them actually work out of the Austin office. In my time at Mitratech, a smaller company, I didn't even meet the CEO who worked out of the same office.

You get what you pay for. Sure, there are always talented entry-level people, but there is a cost to getting them up to speed. It's just another reason to work on your employee retention in ways that make employees happy to work for you.

Other reviews for Mitratech

Getting better but miles to go. New people are excellent. Parent company not.

Current Employee - Will Not Provide  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Will Not Provide in Austin, TX

Pros

Responsibility level high - opportunities to learn high.

Cons

Parent company smart but problematic

Don't take parent company too seriously.

Keep away!!!

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

Pros

If you really want to live in Texas.

Cons

1. They keep hiring people, but also keep firing people. People are trying to leave this company consistently. For this size of a company (100 employees), every week you hear new (young, innocent) staff is coming or someone is leaving or getting fired. And you don't even know why those people are getting fired - they are doing pretty good. The logic of any vista company is to hire new guys at really low price (that's why some of the senior positions still cannot be filled for more than a year), and then they treat them very bad, see them as deposable items. They fired a lot of experienced people to keep the cost down, fire random managers when the company finance look bad, or fire anyone who has different opinions. They fired all the experienced developers who was with the company for more than 10 years to save money. They fired at least 6 managers so far for no reason. Significant amount of people chose to leave here within their 1 year of service. Oh they just fired the CEO recently after his one year at Mitratech.
    2. Very very low pay. Much lower than the market. But they are expecting you do much more. Just stay away, you are much better than that. look good, then sell the company to another investor at a good price, despite of the business model cannot last after it is sold because of the quality of the software. They want immediate results, near sighted, never think about long run results. And they lie, never take their words seriously!!
    4. Not much career growth for most people. Well, I bet you want to leave the company after you spend several months there anyway.
    5. Management again. A lot of department leaders lack of the capacities and even the understanding of their business. They cannot make a good decision. And the decision making process is not transparent; they always want to hide something. And they don't want to communicate. They really need to respect people. They don't want to listen to you.
    6. The work culture. A lot of young people, so can be fun sometimes, also a little immature. That's fine but the most important thing is that not much trust among the team. They want to shift blames and play too much politics.

I feel sorry for them. They are just toys of vista company, and they can write some sort of management experience on their résumé even though they are doing horrible things.

There are newer employer reviews for Mitratech.

Worked for Mitratech? Contribute to the Community!