Mizuho Bank
www.mizuhobank.com Tokyo, Japan 5000+ Employees

Solid employer. It is what you make of it.

Officer/Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsResources of global institution but yet medium size in US lends to greater job responsibilities, plentiful training opportunities, staff are very willing to cross-train, best benefits package thus far for me.

ConsCultural differences with expat staff may lend to challenges if one is not open to adapt; you can complain about it, or you can try to proactively help the expat staff adapt. Limited interaction between the various entities (Corporate Bank, Securities, Alternative Investments). Change could be enacted more quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease autonomy within NY local management.

The day I left was one of the happiest in my professional career

Senior Vice President (Current Employee)
    Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at Mizuho Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Hours are OK. People are nice. It is a heaven… Cons: Low pay. Some expat managers do not know the basics… Advice to Senior Management: Do not send the mediocre "staffs" to manage the local… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Low pay, high stress, certain managers has special interest group

Vice President (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Mizuho Bank full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Very very slow changes to more of an international bank;… Cons: Pay still low compared with other banks, high unnecessary stress, lots of paperwork,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Mizuho Bank.

Worked for Mizuho Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mizuho Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mizuho Bank CEO Yasuhiro Sato. All reviews posted anonymously by Mizuho Bank employees.