There are newer employer reviews for MobiTV

A wonderful company to work for!

I have been working at MobiTV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture here is amazing. SO many wonderful people, fun events, and opportunities to grow here. I am so blessed to be a member of the team here. I am very excited to see what the future has to offer!

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this company. There are areas that can use improvement, but changes are constantly being made to improve processes and communication for the better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Cool people, cool technology

Former Employee - NOC Operator in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - NOC Operator in Emeryville, CA

I worked at MobiTV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It never seemed to be too political heavy. Most people wanted to come to work and just do their jobs.

Cons

Mobi lost sight of what they really were during the push to go public. A lot of attrition after the last layoff made some upper management folks to leave resulting in even more attrition. It's actually kinda sad because we lost some key people who knew what was going on behind the scenes.

2. No longer ahead of the curve

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I worked at MobiTV full-time

Pros

Nice people, fun TV-based products (if you like TV), generous perks. Amazing views.

Cons

Frustrating lack of focus and consideration for all stages of the product process by higher-ups and those who are in charge of company direction. Also, constantly changing priorities and lack of follow through with projects results in killing the drive to make something great. Why bother working very hard if what you're doing will likely never see the light of day or will change dramatically next week?

Advice to Management

MobiTV worker bees truly want to make great things. Give them time to do it and a reason to do it, and stay focused in one viable direction long enough so that the results aren't so often for nothing.