Mobile Doctors

www.mobiledoctors.com
  www.mobiledoctors.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors

Lots of opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort...

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time

Pros

In the time I spent at Mobile Doctors, I've advanced quite a bit, as have many of my peers. This company cares about fostering your growth potential, so long as you do the work to show that you are capable and willing.

I also feel like I have the support of my co-workers. If I am concerned about something company-related, I can safely raise the issue to one of many people in the corporate office, and get a usually helpful response.

The atmosphere is fairly relaxed and casual. The company sponsors a lot of fun activities and events. This is a nice break when you have a long week.

The company recently brought HR and payroll in-house, so I saved a hundred dollars per month on my medical insurance. We now have an HR rep who works for the company, and therefore is more invested in my happiness as an employee. Because he works for the company, he wants to do a good job and goes the extra mile to satisfy employees' needs. Our last HR company just ignored my questions.

There is a thorough 100-day review and annual reviews, which both the employee and the manager fill out and discuss. This gives the employee a chance to really show off anything that may not be evident on a daily basis. This is a great time so long as you are doing a good job.

The company is experiencing a great deal of growth, so if you can handle it then there are opportunities.

Cons

The company has had some bad press of late. There are a lot of bad rumors spreading around. The 90% turnover rate is a lie. In my location the turnover is probably closer to 15%. I'm aware that some of the other locations are higher, but it's nowhere near 90% on the whole. Also, yes, there had been a few instances of unprofessional behavior by certain employees, but the negative reviews failed to mention that disciplinary actions were taken, including termination. There is drama, but that's to be expected when there is so much growth, and employees who are uncomfortable with any situation have our HR department to discuss their concerns safely.

This is not a company for clockwatchers. Every job is vital to the success of Mobile Doctors and the well-being of patients and employees. If you are a manager, you will have to work some late evenings and weekends, although not often. One thing that is clear - if you do not perform your work as is required of you, it will become transparent soon enough, and that often accounts for the turnover.

Even though the company is growing and you need to hire more people, take extra time to really vet an employee before making the offer to hire - don't just go on instinct or because you need someone right away. That's how you end up with bad seed employees who can do a good interview but can't measure up work-wise.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Mobile Doctors (View Most Recent)

Follow Your Gut - Hold Out for Something Better

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Mobile Doctors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- With a Degree, it's easy to get a job here, and the experience looks great on your resume.
    - The services provided to the community are needed, making your job feel somewhat relevant to the greater good.
    - Very generous with titles.

Cons

- Overall culture of fear due to micro-management of the CEO. Everyone from the bottom up throw each other under buses to avoid backlash.
    - Management seem blind to the fact that company culture is what leads to their 90% turnover rate.
    - Office gossip is overwhelming, at every level.
    - Salaried individuals are taken advantage of. There's an enormous disconnect between low wages and the overtime one is expected to put in.
    - Although the services provided to the elderly population are important, many of the physicians have malpractice suits against them.
    - The culture of fear, gossip, and being taken advantage of will ultimately lead you away from this company. Managers that tolerate the treatment they receive by the CEO are generally the types of people that like to pay that type of treatment forward. Also, many managers don't hold the people skills or education that their staff does. Talented, professional people generally use their roles here as a stepping stone into another company.
    - Everything that is beyond your control will be your fault.

The market has changed. The unemployment rate is falling. There is no way you can retain talented staff unless management behavior and the low salary structure change.

Dishonest and unprofessional

Current Employee - Office in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Office in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mobile Doctors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Almost impossible to get fired unless you stealing money from the owner. Incompetent? Rude? Apply here! The pay is OK. There are a lot of companies out there offering worse.

Cons

Unprofessional. People being condescending to patients on the phone. Yelling at each other. Petty gossip. Doctors with drug and alcohol problems and malpractice suits. Management plays favorites usually towards the newest people so you might think you have a good job for the first bit before they turn on you. Management deliberately pits employees against each other, promising the same promotion to more than one person to see how much extra work they will do while in suck-up mode, and then hiring from outside anyways. Constant promises that it's not always like this and it will be better as soon as whatever happens. If you don't work overtime they accuse you of not valuing your time as much as some people but if you work too much overtime they accuse of you stretching your hours. You'll see things happen that are just plain wrong (like violating labor laws and stuff) and they'll tell you that this how everybody does business so just deal with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Doctors