There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Mini

Trying to change the culture, but don't understand what it is going to take

I worked at Mobile Mini

Pros

Some really nice people. If you have a good manager and a good team, it is a decent place to work.

Cons

Most senior management lacks experience elsewhere. Decisions and changes are made quickly without good collaboration or planning. Pay is very low compared to similar jobs.

Don't try to change the culture and the business model at the same time if you don't have the money or personal commitment to invest in both parts.

58 Other Employee Reviews for Mobile Mini (View Most Recent)

Use to be an awesome company now we are not able to service our customers and we are losing our core customers.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Mobile Mini

Pros

Mobile Mini was a growing company with the best sales people and product in the industry. They made it fun and made it easy to balance work and family. The employees on the local levels are awesome and make it easy to spend 40 hours a week with them. Mobile Mini is always looking to improve and with that they go through tribulations. We do have the best security to offer our customers and that has kept us on top.

Cons

Mobile Mini trying to adapt and grow has hit some hard times. Centralizing sales and all the phone calls have made it extremely difficult on our customers and long time employees. It seems like MMI is always adding high end positions in corporate and laying off at the branches. We are so slim at the branches that it is making it difficult to send out quality products and satisfy our customers. A lot of our long time employees and customers are leaving us for the competition. MMI makes it very hard for people to do business with us and I only wish that they would listen to their employees and customers who are on the front lines and know first hand what is happening. We have taken a very simple process and made it very difficult. Customers cannot even call directly to the local branch they want. Contractors hate it. That is our core business. They told us contractors will always stay with the local branches and that isn't the case anymore. Hopefully the necessary changes are made before it is too late. I love MMI and it breaks my heart to see what is happening to them.

Listen to the people at the branches. We are the ones that see everything first hand. We hear the complaints from the customers. We hear compettion raving about our call center. I have heard from several competitiors that by us centralizing everything we have increase their business and they love it. Our core customers are leaving us, because we make it to difficult to do business. Please find away to get in touch with what is really happening at the branches. Start our own survey for customers to see how dissatisfied they are with our phone system and the quality of our units because we do not have enough man power at the branches. Our stocks may be up, but so is our number of dissatisfied customers and we are powerless at the branches to fix it. All we can do is give them alternate ways to reach theirs salespeople so they do not leave us..

Great work life balance and family atmosphere if you don't mind working for peanuts.

I worked at Mobile Mini

Pros

Business is not complex operation and employees are very congenial. Enjoyed working with all the other staff and line managers. Very much like a family environment.

Cons

Problem is the family environment--pretty much controlled by the Bunger family with most of the executive level positions going to those related to the CEO in some manner. Several VP's wouldn't get a second look as managers in a real company and they know it. My only real reason to leave the company was because of limited advancement opportunity and low pay.

Find some executives with real experience running a business and start paying your employees above the 0 - 25 percentile mark.

There are newer employer reviews for Mobile Mini

Worked for Mobile Mini? Contribute to the Community!