Senior Sales Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unbelievable support from colleagues to and massive amounts of resources to prepare for this role. It's great to be in a position where everyone around you wants you to succeed and actually takes interest in helping you get there. I interviewed with other MDM companies that compete directly with MobileIron but the amazing culture and the fact that MobileIron was started as a MDM company with the technology built specifically for MDM landed me here. I'm very happy so far.

Cons

None so far. Even though I work remote, I certainly do not feel like I'm on my own as I have with other companies I've worked for. Everyone is so willing to help. They understand that if I'm successful, they are successful.

Advice to Management

Please continue to take an interest in your employees. I love the fact that senior management still takes the time to walk around and speak with employees. Sometimes in a group setting and sometimes just walking up to an employee's desk just to ask how things are going.

Also, it's great to still have the "start-up" feel in a company as large as MobileIron.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Awesome company, awesome technology space, awesome location.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can sum it up it all up into the following words: agile, open, talented, tenacious, courteous, cheerful, friendly, smart.

Cons

The cube walls are ugly, and we don't seem to have a unified mission statement.

Advice to Management

The weekly all-hands are appreciated by everyone.

2. Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at MobileIron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture of getting things done. Those that perform at high level have high autonomy, no micromanagement unless you underperform and thus are likely on your way out anyway. Healthy collaboration between customer success, PM and engineering to bring features customers are asking for or the market needs.

Cons

Since the space is moving so fast, everyone needs to be able adjust quickly to new priorities, features or directions. iOS7 changes MDM approach - it needs to be supported at launch, Windows 8.1 adds MDM stack - needs to be supported when released. PMs are doing their best but in many cases there could be better communication from the OS suppliers (Apple, Microsoft and Google) to minimize wrong assumptions that have to be corrected.

Advice to Management

Analyze failures (you probably already do that) and share the outcomes publicly (you don't do that). Tell us what we learned and how we are going to prevent the same mistake from happening in the future.