Mobiquity

www.mobiquityinc.com

It's a fast-paced, smart environment, that I think had some hiccups early on but is definitely on fire right now.

Current Employee - Engineering
Current Employee - Engineering

Pros

-Really smart colleagues
-Pushed to work with bleeding edge tech & ideas (ie, getting exposure to gamification right now)
-Growing fast, lots of big projects coming online, the work is kind of sci-fi when you think about what we're building in pharma
-They're been restructing a bit, and have pushed out some bad apples at the exec level

Cons

-I joined early this year, but I'm told it was pretty stressful and political in the past, but I haven't seen much of that
-They need to hire as fast as possible, work's flying in, so some of us are wearing multiple hats to help, that can mean extra hours, but nothing crazy (like 50 or so, and I've worked a lot more in other start-ups that weren't as busy as this)

Keep up with the improvements, they're working
Embrace byod
Hire more engineers!

Other reviews for Mobiquity

Exciting times.

Current Employee - Senior Executive  in  Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Executive in Waltham, MA

Pros

Mobiquity has a very impressive list of clientele. As an engineer, you will get to be a part of many projects. And on every project you will learn something new. Yes, the pace is really fast and if you are really good at what you do (and I mean really good - like everybody else says you are good, not just the voices in your head!) this company is a good place to be.

It's not a place where 'You will or may get to wear many hats'; IT IS where 'You will be required to wear many hats'.If you are an adventurous go-getter you will enjoy the challenges (sometimes you may feel like shooting yourself or somebody else but those moments aside...)

No alcohol policy. Liberal culture. Most people are great to work with and very helpful.

Cons

By virtue of being a new company (not a conventional startup anymore) some processes continue to be ad hoc. Folks who come from a large organization experience a culture shock in the beginning.

It takes a certain bent of mind to work in a consulting firm. And sometimes some employees can't take it resulting in either attrition or being discharged.

The flow of work needs to be firmed up - requirements gathering, project estimation, project schedule, what the deliverables should be, intra-organization communication, intra-team communication and other similar processes. Need a 'How-To-Do-This-Right' guide for all of these. (It's a work-in-progress, however)

Hiring process needs to be improved. Be more strict. Don't just hire anybody. Sometimes, wrong people are hired resulting in bad things for the project, the company and consequently the employee.

Could do with a cooler office instead of the present straightjacket space.

Some customers are just not worth it and upper management should know when to draw the line. Ensure the flow of work is right, reduce the seeming ad hoc-ness, do better estimations on the schedules and we should be in a great position.

On the rise

Pros

Mobile is the space I wanted to be in when I joined, and Mobiquity plays pretty much exclusively in that space (aside from a small handful of traditional web projects). The company is finally hitting its stride - as with any startup, it took time for the company to find its footing and place in the industry. The name is being recognized and good clients and contracts are happening as a result. The work/life balance is terrific, with working from home - as needed - being a reality that everyone seems comfortable with. I only expect things to improve over the next year+.

Cons

Corporate culture has been slow to take hold, but the company is moving in a better direction here. Lack of 401k matching stinks a bit, but that's not a dealbreaker. End of quarter pushes for revenue are the norm, which can be taxing on those that can't handle the workload.

Make sure you recognize and take care of the people helping to make end of the quarter numbers what they are., because without them, there are no numbers, and there is no company.

There are newer employer reviews for Mobiquity.

Worked for Mobiquity? Contribute to the Community!