Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Consultant
Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

Pros

Model Metrics has a completely laid back atmosphere, it is by far the best company I've ever worked for. When work needs to get done, you're expected to get it done. That being said, they strongly encourage a fair work/life balance. You receive unlimited PTO as long as it fits into the schedule on your project. There is an amazing on-boarding process that consists of a week on-site (if you work remotely like most of the company does) and a 30/60/90 day plan that involves multiple certifications, which are strongly encouraged.

The other employees that work at the company have a strong sense of teamwork and always seem willing to help. The company uses cutting edge technology to increase knowledge share and communication. They are on the forefront of emerging cloud technologies and consider training extremely important.

Management is transparent. They let you know what it going on, the goals and plans they have for the future, and how they plan on reaching those goals. Upper management also takes care of it's employees and knows that as a services company they would not have an offering without them. They have been rated Chicago Tribune's #1 company to work for in Chicago, and its a title well earned.

I would highly recommend working for Model Metrics if you are a hard worker that likes to joke around, but can be serious when you need to be, are interested in learning and expanding your career and skill set, and want to be a part of an absolutely amazing team.

Cons

As described in the other posts, the benefits are not the best, but they are working on improving them. They are not a massive company yet, but as they grow so will the benefits.

Keep the same vision you have. It will scale as long as you continue to hire the caliber of people you have been. Don't turn into one of the big houses that forgets about it's employees.

Other Reviews for Model Metrics Inc

Great company, amazing culture, fast and furious growth - what a fun job!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

Pros

MM supports work/life balance, rather than just stating that they do. They care about your workload and try to ensure nobody gets burned out from the seemingly endless amount of business we are winning. It's a centralized company from a management perspective, but many associates work from remote locations (as I do) and the culture supports and embraces this philosophy. The in-office perks are great as well, and overall this is a progressive, growing company with a talented and driven executive core. It's been a real joy to work here for the last year.

Cons

As a smaller company, we don't have quite the scale to offer benefits packages comparable to large enterprises. As a result, prices might be a little higher, or coverage a little lower...but these minor inconveniences are far outweighed by the positives of working for MM.

Continue to focus on growth, image and marketplace clout. Continue to make efforts to ensure remote employees feel like part of the fabric. Continue to keep it fun...everyone loves that. Continue to reward top performers, and cull out the weak...that is the mark of top-performing company and will raise the bar every year.

Fast paced, cutting edge technology, and relaxed environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Model Metrics Inc

Pros

You get to work on some cutting edge technology with enterprise level companies. The bureaucracy is minimal so decisions can be made very quickly. The leadership is top notch and creative. The main pro is the expertise and knowledge of the co-workers. They are some very impressive people to work with and inspire you to strive to be your best. We actually have fun at work.

I get to work remotely as often as I want which saves gas money and preserves sanity. However, there is a massage chair and bean bags to use in the office.

MM has built the best on-boarding program I have ever seen. They has a week of on-boarding classes and a 30, 60, and 90 day plan. It is so nice not to be thrown into the deep end and expected to swim.

There is no vacation policy. You take off what time you want and mark it in your calendar and notify your team. There is no maximum number of paid days off and time off is encouraged.

Cons

The health benefits are not as extensive as a larger company but the perks make up for it. Can be a little stressful with all the growth.

Point out the small wins more often. We all need to have that little pick me up every once in a while. Do not lose the culture MM has fostered.

There are newer employer reviews for Model Metrics Inc.

Worked for Model Metrics Inc? Contribute to the Community!