There are newer employer reviews for Modern Luxury

Fun at times, very frustrating at times, but overall, not very rewarding in general.

Former Employee - Editorial Assistant in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Editorial Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Modern Luxury

Pros

There are some perks, such as free food and parties, of course you are supposed to be working while at these events.

Cons

Large disconnect between owners of the company—located in LA and NYC—and what was actually going on in the satellite office. The management in satellite office was completely irresponsible, something that only came to light to those higher ups once the person resigned after learning he would be let go.

Visit your satellite offices more often, and see for yourself why things are not working financially. Promote from within—that's why we work so hard at what we do.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Modern Luxury (View Most Recent)

Talented co-workers, but pay and benefits are the worst in the biz

Current Employee - Writer, Editor
    Current Employee - Writer, Editor

I have been working at Modern Luxury

Pros

Smart, talented colleagues, good branding, good events, interesting assignments

Cons

The pay and benefits might be the worst in the industry, which says a lot in an already low-paying industry. Even during good economic times, the health insurance was a joke, dental was nonexistent, and we were discouraged from even getting reimbursements for work-related expenses. Also - CEO would send Christmas cards of his kids in front of his mansion to us (low-paid, bonus-less) employees who were trying to figure out how we would even afford holiday gifts.

Improve pay, implement respectable benefits, and respect the need for employs to take their earned PTO.

assistant

I worked at Modern Luxury

Pros

The higher ups were actually quite friendly, nice people. Very creative and always interesting. The final product was always wonderful. There was always great communication.

Cons

it was quite competitive and their was definitely an air of pretension among some. You had to look and act a certain way.

I would have to say that they should get an internship program together or hire more assistants because I think that would help them.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Luxury