There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

Genuine people centered around genuine core values

Current Employee - Financial Representative  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very rewarding. Amount of effort put in equals the amount of rewards you reap. No salary cap, great benefits, very caring colleagues. There is always someone willing to lend a hand to help. Genuine people that truly believe in the company's core values and principles. Work environment is very different, but positive and motivating, compared to traditional companies. Teaches you to be approachable, but also how to effectively communicate with others. Very flexible schedule; you set your own.

Cons

Hard when first starting to build your network and business. Initial out-of-pocket expenses may be higher. Business expense tax write-off only counts for the following year. Lots of travel is involved. Must set own appointments.

For managing-partners, stay supportive to your own representatives. For regional directors, stay supportive and offer words of encouragement to those who work under you. Always work as a team and share experiences to help each other.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen (View Most Recent)

Good place to provide real value to others in your community.

Former Employee - Financial Representative  in  Rock Island, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Rock Island, IL

I worked at Modern Woodmen as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent reputation in communities. Meaningful Fraternal benefits to members.

Cons

Not always competitive on premium rates and product selection.

Less focus on management and more focus on the sales force. Too many Regions that produce next to nothing for the company. Resources allocated to Regional Managers do not directly impact or benefit sales force. Reduce # of Regions and use those funds to support agents through better HO service, and admin assistance in Managing Partner's offices.

Opportunity of a life time

Current Employee - FIN  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - FIN in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time for more than a year

Pros

Modern Woodmen rewards good, honest, intelligent effort. I was tired of working for organizations who took advantage of the value that I brought to their business. With Modern Woodmen, I have a great opportunity to better my community, help my clients, and be paid what I am worth. In addition, Modern Woodmen has given me all the tools and training that I need to run a successful business. Having been exposed to several advisors in other regions and the staff at the Home Office, Modern Woodmen is truly an organization that lives up to the high character I expect out of an employer.

Cons

Good, honest, intelligent effort is hard to identify. It is a fact that this career path is not for everyone. Within the first few months, our advisors are personally challenged. How one responds to that challenge says a lot about an individual. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to take that first step.

Who you attract is not determined by what you want, but determined by who you are. Continue to lead with integrity, character, and energy.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!