Modern Woodmen

www.modern-woodmen.org

Good job to learn the business but hard

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood training and support. The office where I was at has nothing to do with how the company as a whole is ran. I actually went to home office had a personal lunch with Kenny Massey, and he and the other home office staff were all great people.

ConsYou need to have a lot of money to back you, so when you have to spend it on advertising and tons of other expenses. Although I was a top producing Agent and in our monthly magazine, it was still a hard financial burden topped with a lie of family life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to help your new agents more, stop worrying about the people who kiss your ass to get on you good side, as they talk down about producing agents and try to back-stab them. I left due to this, and I busted my ass putting my family on the side and worked 80hr weeks and worked Saturday and Sunday. All the time. Good place to gain, but not to thrive from.

Genuine people centered around genuine core values

Financial Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very rewarding. Amount of effort put in equals the amount of rewards you reap. No salary cap, great benefits, very caring colleagues. There is always… Cons: Hard when first starting to build your network and business. Initial out-of-pocket expenses may be higher. Business… Advice to Senior Management: For managing-partners, stay supportive to your own representatives. For regional directors, stay supportive and offer words of encouragement… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to provide real value to others in your community.

Financial Representative (Former Employee) Rock Island, IL

I worked at Modern Woodmen as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros: Excellent reputation in communities. Meaningful Fraternal benefits to members. Cons: Not always competitive on premium rates and product selection. Advice to Senior Management: Less focus on management and more focus on the sales force. Too many Regions that produce next to nothing for the company. Resources allocated to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Modern Woodmen.

Worked for Modern Woodmen? Contribute to the Community!