Good learning experience

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid conservative well funnded company

Cons

Half the normal commissions with very poor lead assistance.

Advice to Management

Unless you supply good very fresh leads, you should pay higher commissions or at least a base salary.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good job to learn the business but hard

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training and support. The office where I was at has nothing to do with how the company as a whole is ran. I actually went to home office had a personal lunch with Kenny Massey, and he and the other home office staff were all great people.

Cons

You need to have a lot of money to back you, so when you have to spend it on advertising and tons of other expenses. Although I was a top producing Agent and in our monthly magazine, it was still a hard financial burden topped with a lie of family life balance.

Advice to Management

Learn to help your new agents more, stop worrying about the people who kiss your ass to get on you good side, as they talk down about producing agents and try to back-stab them. I left due to this, and I busted my ass putting my family on the side and worked 80hr weeks and worked Saturday and Sunday. All the time. Good place to gain, but not to thrive from.

2. Genuine people centered around genuine core values

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very rewarding. Amount of effort put in equals the amount of rewards you reap. No salary cap, great benefits, very caring colleagues. There is always someone willing to lend a hand to help. Genuine people that truly believe in the company's core values and principles. Work environment is very different, but positive and motivating, compared to traditional companies. Teaches you to be approachable, but also how to effectively communicate with others. Very flexible schedule; you set your own.

Cons

Hard when first starting to build your network and business. Initial out-of-pocket expenses may be higher. Business expense tax write-off only counts for the following year. Lots of travel is involved. Must set own appointments.

Advice to Management

For managing-partners, stay supportive to your own representatives. For regional directors, stay supportive and offer words of encouragement to those who work under you. Always work as a team and share experiences to help each other.