Modern Woodmen

www.modern-woodmen.org
  www.modern-woodmen.org
There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

Working for Modern Woodmen of America has been better than all the other insurance companies I have worked with.

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Financial Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Besides having great products to offer my clients, Modern Woodmen is a fraternal company which provides $30 million every year for us to use in our communities. This is great fir the communities, our members, and has the effect of great marketing for us.

Cons

There are some additional products I wish we had to sell.

Listen to the field reps for new products to meet market demands.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Modern Woodmen (View Most Recent)

Lack of Training/Management/Supervision

Former Employee - Financial Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Financial Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Modern Woodmen full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some of the best benefits in the industry when it comes to 401k, pension plan, health, dental, vision insurance
    Fraternal system can lead your way into sales with daycares and schools.

Cons

After you are hired it is all about the next hire for your Region. Management is trying to get the new agents up and running so existing agents are literally on their own after a month or two. Compensation is 100% commission so with a small company that isn't well known it is very challenging to get in the door. No leads or "book of business" are handed to new agents so you are starting from the ground up from your contract date. Turnover is extremely high due to new agents not being able to make it financially within the first 3-6 months.

Possibly reform the compensation package to attract new agents like signing bonus, salary, etc.

Good Career Opportunity, Not for Everyone

Current Employee - Financial Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Modern Woodmen full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Control your own schedule, health insurance and pension plan provided, 401-k available with match, Fraternal Business Model allows you to give to the community, work with people of great integrity.

Cons

Home office employees lack understanding of what field force challenges are, Management favoritism/legacy building is rampant, Focus is on increasing # of managers rather than supporting existing reps and current managers, Product offering is limited.

Listen to recordings of agents calling the home office...you might be shocked how disrespectful some HO staff is and the inaccurate information given. Cut the number of Regional Directors in half, half of them aren't producing anyway, use the savings to increase agent and managing partner compensation/support. Managing Partners are the ones who recruit new reps, make that a more attractive position and provide more support to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen