There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen

Over the top!!!

Current Employee - Financial Representative
Current Employee - Financial Representative

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great place to work. The culture and leadership are better than I expected and the oppportunity for advancment is excellent. Building a business is not easy but with the training and assistance from management it is easier. The trips are Great and free. Can't beat that. Going to Maui next month!!

Cons

It will take a while to grow your business. Long hard days the first few years. Sometimes the money is lean but the good times far outweigh the negative

Advice to Management

The systems are great just make sure that all new reps follow them the first few years. More training in the securities area would help but not our priority

reviews filtered by
  1. Awesome opportunity to help others.

I have been working at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Great Fraternal Organization with benefits to help members prepare for financial security if they live, die, or quit working. Modern Woodmen provides both financial services and service opportunities for members.

Cons

Difficult to budget for a new agent as you learn to sell. Commissions from month to month can range between $0 to unlimited..

Advice to Management

If there were anything I would do different, it would be to put more emphasis on building character of the agents and less on pushing for securities licensing. Also, promotions of family members should only be given on merit.

Good pay but poor training.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Modern Woodmen

Pros

Good compensation when a sale was complete. Good benefits package once probationary period is up, and if you can make a career out of it the retirement pension is very good.

Cons

Extremely slow to ever recieve first pay check (I went about 3 months), management is often involved in their own sales so they dont have a lot of time to sit with new representatives and teach them how to sell themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Modern Woodmen