Moderna Therapeutics

www.modernatx.com

Working at Moderna is different work experience for better or worse

Indentured Servant (Current Employee)

ProsThe strength of Moderna is in the potential of the technology that we are working on. For the most part the people working in the lab make it easier to deal with some of the stress and pressure thrown at the research staff by upper management.

ConsThe poor planning and the changing of experiments and goals on the fly makes it extremely difficult at times to execute the proper experiments. There is also a sense of disrespect towards the research associates by upper management. The feeling is that they do not care about our personal time and our personal obligations outside of the Moderna building. This has lead to a turn style type turnover in employees. Some of the turnover was a good thing for the company as it removed some of the excess baggage; however, there also has been very skilled people who have left the company and that can not happen if Moderna is going to be succesful.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is important for management to realize that they need to respect their employees time and opinions because there are many very skilled and intelligent people in the lab that are not easily replaced. The compensation and benefits offered also need to become more competitive or people will continue to leave.

Most stress I've ever experienced; terrible management with no clear direction.

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time

Pros: Exciting mission, excellent people in the trenches, great perks (lunch,… Cons: Priorities change with the wind. No clear vision of getting something successful out the door. High rate of forced turnover for a variety of reasons. Terrible… Advice to Senior Management: Employees need better visibility on the direction of the company and they need better. More thoughtful planning is needed. Given the high-pace it's… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Worst work experience

Research Associate (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Moderna Therapeutics full-time for less than a year

Pros: I don't have any pros, maybe free lunch Cons: Bad science, poorly developed methods, blaming technicians for bad… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Moderna Therapeutics.

Worked for Moderna Therapeutics? Contribute to the Community!