Moderna Therapeutics

www.modernatx.com
  www.modernatx.com
There are newer employer reviews for Moderna Therapeutics

Exciting technology, great potential, awesome team of scientists and leaders

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Benefits are excellent. More holidays, lower health insurance premiums and better salary than the large pharma benefits at my last position. The perks of free lunch, iPad, free parking, completely paid cell phone bill, free catered lunch are all nice too. Moderna has done a great job at hiring really smart and dynamic people who I enjoy interacting with.

Cons

It's right in Kendall Square which can make for a challenging commute. This is not a place to come and do the minimum to get by. You need to work hard and be prepared to put a few extra hours in but it's not a sweat shop. The management team seem like good people who are all invested in getting this technology to the clinic and helping patients. It is a fast-paced company with many moving pieces. You need "comfort with ambiguity". Sometimes there is too much focus on speed instead of slowing down and fully understanding issues that arise.

Communicate more. Err on the side of good science instead of speed.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Moderna Therapeutics (View Most Recent)

After Reading Last Two Reviews, I decided to write

Former Employee - Director of Chemistry in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Director of Chemistry in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

After reading the last two reviews, I decided to write. I am highly skeptical of the last two current reviews, where current two employee praised the management and the company. The two review praise is contradictory to what others have written. I joined Moderna at it infancy when it was a 4 employees company and operating from a two room office-cum-laboratories. I was the first Director of Chemistry. I helped Moderna setup their chemistry department, negotiate to acquire lab assets from my previous employer. Hire staff and filed first two Chemistry Patents applications. Honestly speaking, I had never experienced such an abusive, manipulative and arrogant CEO and the-then-CSO at any company in my entire life. The behavior from management was to blame every thing on others. Change projects on a fly, then fire some associates for failure if results to their like were not produced over night. Random firing of associates was a common practice. I am speaking facts here. I am not sure Glassdoor will publish it.

Cons

I had none for this company.

Replace the management. However, I do have advice to candidates who are looking for job. If you want to experience frustration, and affect your career for getting fired for reasons you will never figure out, then do apply, otherwise please....

No hope for Moderna

I have been working at Moderna Therapeutics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch, nice location, nice benefits

Cons

There are no good upper level scientists. Small company but everything is not transparent (scientifically), no company meeting to show any scientific data, maybe nobody knows what they are doing or there is no good data to show?!. Moderna is just a business firm, not a Biotech company.Hope something can come out from $500 million dollars.

Please hire some smart and intelligent scientists

There are newer employer reviews for Moderna Therapeutics