There are newer employer reviews for Modis

Very political

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Modis

Pros

Good work life balance, flexible.

Cons

Compensation is awful compared to competitors, and lack of communication within the organization is a huge problem.

Re-structure the compensation plans, and recognize those that are doing a good job.

171 Other Employee Reviews for Modis (View Most Recent)

Good Place to Start career in IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Modis

Pros

-Supportive Staff
    - Hourly pay is decent
    - Benefits overall is ok

Cons

- No paid vacations
    - No sick days
    - No salary (hourly base pay)

-Allow workers to take days off and stll get paid
    -Make jobs salaried instead of hourly based

Grateful for the experience, but glad it's in the rearview mirror

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Modis

Pros

- Very good internal staff (Technical Recruiters & some of the Account Managers)
    - Unlimited earning potential
    - Solid benefits package
    - Commission structure seemed strong (although I only know about 4 or 5 companies comm. plans so my frame of reference might not be truly accurate)
    - Good database for candidate and client tracking

Cons

- Very poor Sr. leadership (micro-managing, abrasive, condescending, etc)
    - Low base salaries (no raise in 4 years of employment, despite a very strong track record)
    - Minimal training (traditionally, best Recruiters were trained elsewhere before being employed by Modis)
    - Heavy emphasis on metrics (internal interviews, call connects, etc), less emphasis on results often times
    - Back office was substandard (often payed contractors late, onboarding internal employees/contractors seemed labor intensive and complicated, no concise process in onboarding folks)
    - Little follow through on policies and procedures by all levels of management (often allowed for unprofessional outburts, profaninty, and condescension between employees)
    - Indifference to changing economic trends (increasing pay rates/decreasing bill rates, competition offering full benefits, not instituting a legitimate training program for junior-level employees)
    - Overall, generally low morale throughout the office
    - Expected an 8a-6p work schedule despite workload, no exceptions
    - Very high turnover at all levels
    - Commission payouts were convoluted/delayed (often unsure of what resources you were being paid on, and whom you had been paid for placing -- really had to monitor closely on your own)

I may come across as a "sour grapes" former employee, but I left on my own, and have no regrets whatsoever. My recommendations to mgmt. are vast, but in a nutshell -- treat people well and adapt. There are some phenomenal people who've worked at Modis, and left with a very poor taste in their mouths.

There are newer employer reviews for Modis

Worked for Modis? Contribute to the Community!