run.

Pros

Well, the workstations are cool. The product is cool. The interior of the billing/administrative/product development building is nice. I can't think of anything else, no joke. My co-workers were nice, talented people.

Cons

By far, the most toxic work environment in which I have ever had the misfortune to work. Management provides the most ineffective management in my experience, to date. They foster an environment of fear and inadequacy, and don't seem to believe in showing their employees very much respect or consideration, or indeed, any at all. Of all the people I worked with there, I am not aware of any who enjoyed working for ModularArts. Additionally, management brings a completely unprofessional dynamic to the work environment because of personal involvement, having what I can only describe as spats in front of staff. The entire office walks on eggshells to avoid incurring their wrath. If they could, I believe they would replace their employees with androids - they treat them as automatons and are offended and incredulous if their employees voice anything they perceive as dissent. The overarching philosophy there is that if people don't like the way things are done, they can leave. While this is certainly true, it provides zero incentive for people with any regard for themselves to stay. Expect to be belittled, humiliated, and undervalued at this company.

Advice to Management

Hire people with management experience. Hire a management consultant. Stop managing your employees, because it seems you are incapable of doing so effectively.

Other Employee Reviews for Modular Arts

1. The Industrial Revolution is over!!!!

I worked at Modular Arts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products are cool, considering the ingredients and processes that goes into making it. Employees are really hard workers.

Cons

Employees all work their tales off, but do not and will not get rewarded for it! No such thing as raises and no such talk of your doing a good job. Production environment is pretty much like a sweat shop.

Advice to Management

It may be time to look at management below CEO. Projects and product improvement seem to move at a snail like pace. Everyone seems to deliberately miss deadlines. Take some management training classes. Quit reading the HOW TO MANAGE IN 10 MINUTES MANUALS. They obviously do not work!

2. High quitting turnover rate and i wouldnt recommend this job

I have been working at Modular Arts full-time

Pros

The Office staff members are very polite, ok health plan but thats about it as far as pros go

Cons

You will not get ahead i this job so you can scratch that off the list. you get hired at $10.50 to do pretty much $17-$18 worth of work. There are people who have been there 5+ years still making under $12 an hour even with all their health issues. Owners are wealthy but penny pinching, dont interact with shop workers unless there is a mistake and will do anything to cut costs and work the already over worked people harder. there was even a manager who was changing employees times on their time cards..its a mess there. It is like a sweat shop...they only reason people are happy is because they all share the same bond of being over worked, under paid and most of all not respected or appreciated.

Advice to Management

Think about the little people who bust their tails and learn to value the people you have instead of having to hire new people every 2 weeks due to people constantly quitting that job. Learn to stop and listen to ideas that could be helpful.