Great Part Time Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Modus Hotels

Pros

Decent pay for how easy the job was. I would say that like any job, the front desk was busy at times, but overall it was a great professional work experience.

Cons

Sometimes got a little hectic at the front desk. (like any hotel)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. This hotel can clearly point out any success of the organization to its gm, agm, fom, and head of hr.

reviews filtered by
  1. Better than most but there's always room for improvement!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Modus Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-Workers make the job easy , the pay is just about average for hotels in Downtown DC, there plenty of advancement opportunities. As an agent you are empowered to make decisions that best fit the situation , rather than feeling helpless. Everyone in any department is willing to share knowledge and encourage you to develop your skills. Managers are always present but never hovering.

Cons

Benefits are costly, even with employer contribution, pay is average, scheduling can be an issue it is always changing. Managers will sometimes play favorites with promotions.

Advice to Management

Increase opportunities for employees who have impeccable history to advance. Not the old " While we like to promote from within , we really don't like to do so within the same property" Making sure that every front desk at every property has 2 persons on the evening shift instead of one would also be helpful.. Performance evaluations should be done in a timely manner along with rate increases, this should be done automatically without prompting from the employee.

2. Great Environment

I worked at Modus Hotels

Pros

I was able to advance in the company extremely quick, due to hard work that did not go unnoticed.

Cons

Small Chain, not many relocation options o