It was a great experience meeting new people.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Moe's Southwest Grill full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get to meet a lot of new people and different backgrounds.

Cons

Customers want everything for free and they complain a lot.

Get better GMs (for some stores at least)

Other Reviews for Moe's Southwest Grill

Great

I worked at Moe's Southwest Grill

Pros

Experience communicating with customers
    Free food during shift
    Fast-paced- you're never bored

Cons

You smell like Moe's when you leave

Fun for customers, not so much for employees

Current Employee - Front Line  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Front Line in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Moe's Southwest Grill part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Free food every shift you work.
    -Awesome employee discount (otherwise the poorly paid exhausted employees wouldn't be able to afford the food at full price with what they make)
    -Managers usually work around schedules pretty decently
    -Sorta pays the bills, sometimes
    -Fun people to work with (if you have the right mix on any given day)
    -Occasional tips
    -Great music

Cons

-Unexpected hour cuts. Managers have no sympathy for you if you can't pay your bills because they suddenly cut you, and everyone else, from 35hr/wk to just about 10hr/wk.
    -Work 3x as hard as most other places for barely minimum wage.
    -Hard to pay bills with this job, and managers can get touchy about an employee even thinking about getting a second job to pay the bills.
    -Some managers can get full of themselves and treat employees badly.
    -Will promise more hours only if you work really hard, and do really well, then they schedule you more days so you think you're getting more hours, but then they start sending you home earlier and earlier
    -No listed shift end times, only start times, so it's your best guess how little or how long you'll be there, making it difficult to get a second job to hire you to supplement.
    -The store manager at the location I'm at likes to make mean-spirited jokes about people (almost everyone, no matter who they are), then laugh it off, and expect the person at the brunt of the joke to believe their 'Just joking' excuse.
    -Shift leaders are sometimes not on the same page as the Store manager, and will often try to correct, or discipline workers who are doing tasks the way the store manager instructs, and then get upset when told you're doing the task the way the store manager instructed.
    -It gets /really/ loud on the line, and a lot of customers won't speak up, and get frustrated when you can't hear them.
    -The line is very busy, and very stressful, and tempers tend to flair sometimes because you're working with so many people in a relatively small space. Be prepared to get run-into and bumped a lot.
    -The wages are not worth the work, not by three, you have to be able to switch between 10 different jobs every other minute, and you never stop moving from the time you clock in to the time you clock out.
    -Will punish absences (even due to legitimate reasons) with taking away additional shifts.
    -Have heard of hourly workers getting fired for walking off a shift to diffuse fights a shift leader started with them in front of customers, when the shift leader refused to calm down, and they only thing they could do was leave.

Do more to keep shift leaders, and everyone else, on the same page as you. Don't cut everyone's hours suddenly by more than half, even up to 3/4 cut, and expect your staff not to abandon ship. You claim to have a lot invested in training your employees, and you don't want to have them leave, but you do very little to keep them on. At least without resorting to bullying, and threatening to stop scheduling them if they even bring up the possibility of needing to take on a second job. Treat your employees with a little dignity, they are not there to be your slaves. Personally, I work more hours, and three or four times as hard as at my last job, and I still make less money than my last job. A lot of us are here because we just need to pay our bills, please don't laugh at us, or brush us off when we come to you with concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Moe's Southwest Grill.

Worked for Moe's Southwest Grill? Contribute to the Community!