Moen

www.moen.com
  www.moen.com
There are newer employer reviews for Moen

Still good, but no longer great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

I have been working at Moen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work out facility, cafeteria on site, a lot of cross business meetings, great co-workers, opportunities to travel, learning opportunities, work schedule is somewhat flexible which is great with kids.
GROWTH, a lot has changed in 6 years.

Cons

Political - you should know someone high up before you join or you should befriend someone high up so you can be incompetent.
Hard work and long hours are not valued.
Like most large companies, you will be ranked. If you are not identified as someone to be groomed, your career will not go anywhere unless you can move up your ranking, which you will never see.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Moen (View Most Recent)

Consumer Support

Current Employee - Product Specialist in North Olmsted, OH
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in North Olmsted, OH

I have been working at Moen full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Moen offers an excellent Benefit and Compensation Package. There are also many opportunities for growth with their headquarters

Cons

The call center is charged with supporting customers and upholding the brand. Compared to other department, they are underpaid and under appreciated.

Inconsistencies, no clear direction

Former Employee - Operational Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Operational Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Moen full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the best folks in the world to work with; very collaborative and creative. I worked in management so was given many opportunities for personal development and interaction with senior leaders. When given the opportunity to build your team and run with it, it could be the best place I've ever worked. I had a lot of fun and was able to create a fun, involve work team. I left because I felt there were not opportunities available to me beyond what I was doing.

Cons

Quite cyclical in direction; Basically a white male driven culture; Who you know, etc.,; Culture states it values innovation and creativeness but don't color outside the "implied" lines or you'll be labeled as difficult or too direct. Must say everything nicely while behind your back, decisions are made about you and your career but no one has the fortitude to advise and provide feedback until its too late. Over tendency to micromanage.

Hire more women and minorities in positions other than HR or training; I worked in Operations and there wasn't any clear direction for long term plans other than to outsource but let's pretend we're not outsourcing. Be more truthful to the people who work for you at every level. They are smart enough to understand what is going on. We had a Sr. VP who actually encouraged infighting amongst his staff. Thought it built character. One change in management can change the whole culture or direction an organizational group is taking. David Lingafelter is a brilliant leader but he surrounds himself with white males. He promotes and values white males as they are the majority of the company. He's so engrossed in his business that I'm not sure he's aware of how it impacts others in the organization. He does have a woman HR manage on his staff but the real folks with real power are white males. David's knowledge of the business and his business acumen is second to none. It's too bad he's stuck in the halls of North Olmsted.

There are newer employer reviews for Moen