Mohawk Industries

A stable place to work

Current Employee - Business Professional in Thomasville, NC
Current Employee - Business Professional in Thomasville, NC

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

Management seems to care about employees. They wiil invest in training and do a good job of praising good job performance.

Cons

Benefits seem to get worse every year with no profit sharing offered to employees. Raises have become little to nonexistent.

Please stop cutting costs by taking employees benefits while offering them very little pay incentives. Too many layers of management.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Mohawk Industries (View Most Recent)

Good for me, but I can see where it isn't so good for others.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dalton, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

A large organization with a number of opportunities for growth. There are some very capable managers with a good vision for where the organization needs to go to be better.

Cons

There are still a number of silos within Mohawk, which tremendously hinder the cross pollination of experience and knowledge between departments. There is effort to change this but not everyone is onboard with it yet. The company has an aging work force, which is promising for young professionals entering the organization and looking to rise; however, it results in a strong level of resistance to change and new ideas.

Continue to push for the utilization of solid metrics to improve processes throughout the organization. There also should be more crossover of experience between divisions rather than waiting until people reach the higher levels of the organization before exposing them to the way other departments function.

sweatshop, long hours, if you don't work 50+ hours per week, they think you aren't working.

Former Employee - Corporate, White Collar in Calhoun, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate, White Collar in Calhoun, GA

I worked at Mohawk Industries

Pros

I thought the company would provide a good place to work, was I wrong.

Cons

for the group I worked in, management knew nothing about the jobs they supervised. their style of management is like a prison. they don't really want ways of improving things. white collar employees, are treated like blue collar employees.

I'd say start over with new managers in most white collar groups. promoting someone from the production line into a Finance Manager role, usually don't work. there is something called education that needs to be in place for that to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Mohawk Industries