There are newer employer reviews for Mohawk Industries

Leading the company in the right direction

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

They are a Inovative and leading producer of all flooring products. Company is very established and is headed in the right direction for the future. Turnover for the company is low compared to compeition

Cons

At my particular location there is very little to no room for advancement. Pay is below average for the area, annual raises are minimal and are not based off of your personal preformance instead they are almost like a company set for everyone.

Advice to Management

Remember the little people. We are the one that help keep this business afloat and deserve the respect that you give to your fellow senior mgmt members

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Be Cautious

Current Employee - Winder Operator in Milledgeville, GA
    Current Employee - Winder Operator in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at Mohawk Industries

Pros

The best reasons for working at Mohawk is it gives you experience in the manufacturing business that you can carry with you throughout life.

Cons

Underpaid for the amount of work you put out. There is lack of communication from upper management on down. Its hard to make a decent living off of with the pay especially during this recession. There is no employee praise for outstanding performance. There is no hand book so they can change rules as it tailors to the company.

Advice to Management

We need better compensation for the amount of workload we put out each and every night. There needs to be better communication, employee recognition, and allow opprotunities for everyone not just favorites.

North Georgia's Finest (which doesnt say much)

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Summerville, GA
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Summerville, GA

I worked at Mohawk Industries

Pros

You get a good corporate discount, traveling is fun, and they are really focused on implementing lean manufacturing technology and being a safe and quality manufacturing company.

Cons

management is incentivized to set up their underlings to fail. Be very careful in accepting projects.

The compensation amount is very low. Typically, when they hire a person they will give a sign on bonus with a base salary. well, your base salary is what is looked at when you get a raise. it would take 3-4 years, in many cases to get your base salary to catch up with your initial salary plus sign on bonus. not to mention, the management at this company are what you might call 'good ole boys'.. i have heard many jokes that are disrespectful toward non-white ethnicities.

Advice to Management

We manufacture carpet, chill out and shut it.