Had a good time

Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst
Former Contractor - Business Systems Analyst

I worked at Molina Healthcare as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had nice managers who listened and supported me. Great quality people and great team mates. There is a lot of room to learn and grow.

Cons

Politics at higher management level. My managers said I would be converted to full time but the decision was not supported by higher management. Sometimes work can be overwhelming and you might need to work long hours to finish the task.

Other Employee Reviews for Molina Healthcare

Are You Kidding? This Place Is AWESOME!!!

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits, long term employment prospects in an uncertain economic climate are super! Company's heart is in the right place. True American success story and a company that has tremendous potential..

Cons

feel like company direction is absent, lots of employees does not equal a successful strategy in working out issues that permeate a number of divisions. "No one is responsible, so no one is" kind of culture..primarily due to spotty training and a "welcome aboard, let me throw you to the wolves" attitude that many employees share concerning how they have been initiated into the company.. Lots of issues with high level management personnel changes.. causes more setbacks and disruptions in an already chaotic environment. Lots of upset providers, no true "chain of custody" when it comes to a number of mission-critical issues that need to be routed up the ladder..

Advice to Management

I truly LOVE this company for its potential and am PROUD to be a part of it.. there are a lot of GREAT people that are part of this company and just need to reassurance that they can be given the SUPPORT to do their jobs effectively without feeling that questions won't be answered. I know Molina is trying, but things need to move quicker to keep the best people in place where they are and working to bring ALL OF US closer as a like-minded team of professionals that can make things HAPPEN instead of finding so many valid reasons why things DON'T HAPPEN..

Molina IT is the worst place to work

Pros

job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company.

Cons

If you are talented and have skills, you will never be able to use or nourish them. Politically motivated promotions and there is no meaning for Manager or Director title. Titles are distributed like gift cards. Unprofessional culture: People speak in Hindi in work place and in meetings. kingdom building exercise and levy their authority. HR is for name sake. Numerous complaints from employees but in vain. Health care systems is the worst place to be in. AVP does not know proper manners and behavior. Running monopoly and politically motivated promotions to back his position. Just pathetic. Grow up.

Advice to Management

for CIO, enough complaints are already filed in paper and by words. It is time you take hard decisions to set proper culture.