Mom Corps.

momcorps.com
  momcorps.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mom Corps.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Mom Corps.

Pros

As a recruiter converting from the mom world back to the work world I enjoy the flexibility of being able to control my own schedule. Working from home is great for me and my family. I appreciate the environment I have to learn, grow and achieve successes!

Cons

Being able to respond to all the details while maintaining a part time role is a challenge. A personal touch can be difficult to achieve while constantly moving forward.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Mom Corps. (View Most Recent)

Good Company if You Get a Good Boss

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Mom Corps. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, it was a good internship. I got hands-on experience in the recruiting/HR field and learned so much in such a small timeframe. One of my bosses was an absolute joy to work for and she made me feel like a valuable member of the team. Mom Corps is great in that they truly practice what they preach with flexibility - I got to direct my schedule (work from home some days, in the office other days, and Fridays off!) and the work-life balance was nice.

Cons

There was a lot of hypocrisy, at least with my boss. She would say I needed to get more comfortable with ambiguity. So, I would work on projects without a lot of direction, which is what I'm used to doing, and I would turn in my work and say I didn't do it right because I didn't follow her directions. What directions?! She said figure it out yourself and that's what I did. She liked to have it both ways. This is weird, but I also felt slightly victimized for not having the same previous work history as my boss. For example, I had never worked in retail and my boss would occassionally say something to the effect of "well, if you had work experience in sales you would get how to do XYZ." My previous work experiences were not validated.

Employees are not mind readers - we can only work with so much ambiguity and so little structure for so long. Also, more professionalism in the workplace would be appreciated. I understand that the atmosphere is very casual, but name-calling is just flat-out rude.

Amazing Company

I have been working at Mom Corps. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Mom Corps and we have come a long long way since some of the previous reviews. The team works well together and has a great deal of camaraderie. The virtual environment allows me to be with my kids when need be but get the job done.

Cons

It's hard to be in a virtual environment sometimes. Especially when it comes to building relationships with Franchise Owners. The annual meeting helps, but it's still a challenge.

Keep pushing forward. Our mission is so important!

There are newer employer reviews for Mom Corps.