There are newer employer reviews for Mom365

demanding and difficult but nice people

I have been working at Mom365 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good culture and supportive upper management...very pro women

Cons

much too much work...they expect a person to be on call 24/7

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This company has a very high employee turn-over rate for many reasons.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Mom365 as a contractor

Pros

I like most co-workers, the families and hospital staff are generally nice. Taking photos and making families happy is rewarding. I like what I do, but not how the company treats its employees.

Cons

No one doing in-hospital newborn photos makes $20, $40 or $50 per hour. We were told we could make this much during our hiring process, but no Our365 newborn photographer makes that amount. After working in the field with actual Our365 photographers (where we make high sales and low wages) I know not to believe forums (even this one), managers, and recruiters stories of fictional photographers who make big bucks. It won't "click" in time, I work with some very seasoned veterans who make high sales and low wages. Your wages will be low. My team makes minimum wage or slightly above and we have the highest sales in our region, so if our wages are low, everyone else's are as well. The company has calculated how to get the most money out of you by keeping your commission slightly out-of-reach. Even if you make your commission, you will not make very much hourly. On those days when your sales are high, that's usually because you worked a ridiculously long day, which means your hours end up exceeding your commission percentage, so you'll earn the fallback rate which is usually minimum wage. The company operates on an "either you get your base pay (min. wage) or your percentage of sales. This might be okay if your base pay and commission percentage wasn't so pitifully low. They are about the bottom line--making money as cheaply as possible through ill-paid labor. This company's mission appears to be to tug on mom's heart strings during a time when she is very vulnerable. We are encouraged to heavily push in-hospital sales, even when some Mom's are low-income and can't afford to purchase at that time. We should be respectful and allow her to take time to make her decision at a time that works best for her. The management tells us to push these sales so that we can make our commission (though they are likely getting some sort of bonus from our sales, which is why they tell us to push so often). If the economy wasn't so bad, this company's turnover rate would probably be even higher. If you want to retain quality photographers, you must pay us decently. You are expected to be available to work ALL holidays and don't even get great holiday pay (hence the name our365). It's capitalism at its worst. Corporate greed over family=profits at any cost. It's insulting. I'd rather have the time off.

Advice to Management

"Loving your job" is great. But loving a job doesn't pay the bills. We need to make a living wage. Take a good long look at how many of your staff are dissatisfied and actually listen to staff to see where and how improvements can be made. Most of your employees are women and we feel economically taken advantage of. Pay us a decent hourly base wage instead of offering bogus contests and incentives. If you pay us what we are worth, the company's sales will increase b/c we will be more motivated since we are earning what we deserve. This could be a great company, but unfortunately they have put profits over people. Most of us have to work more than one job to make ends meet or depend on someone else's wages, but not all of us have the luxury of a strong second income. The wages through Our365 isn't enough to pay our bills, not by a long shot. Also, you will be hired as an at-will employee, which equates to expendable contract labor. You will not have any type of job security. Unfortunately, this is a growing trend in the U.S. We are doing a huge disservice to our citizens with this type of trend. We are the richest country in the world and yet our healthcare system ranks 37th in the world (at the time of this posting), which is awful. More and more companies are hiring contract and part-time labor and not offering decent benefits or job security. I'm wondering if and when changes will be made. How many times must you hear the same complaints? If you keep dismissing the core of your company you will continue wasting effort, money, and time scouting for new hires who will soon quit like so many people before them.

A company lacking direction and management

I worked at Mom365 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers: As everyone has mentioned before, they basically are the only reason to stay.

Cons

Complete lack of direction - upper management seems unsure of the best way to make the company successful, and will often make complete changes to projects in development before the project even gets a shot at success. Also incredibly behind the times, and clueless on how to stay current in the ever-changing economy. No creativity, horrible leadership.

Advice to Management

Start from the top down - hire intelligent and creative top level executives to inspire, motivate and lead those below.