Mom365

www.mom365.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mom365

Excellent experience if you're in a good district

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Newborn Photographer/Field Trainer in Washington, DC

I worked at Mom365 part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-If you know how to sell and take GOOD photos and aren't in a super poor area, you can make a huge amount of money. I typically made $20 an hour or more.
-Working with babies and new moms is incredibly rewarding and lots of fun!
-You work until the work is done, some days you can make $100 in three hours if you know how to work fast
-Management was extremely kind and supportive even if you had bad sales days as long as you made it clear you were doing your best, but this can vary depending on your area

Cons

-Entirely commission based pay can be a bad thing, can't sell if there are hardly any babies. When I moved from D.C. to Nashville sales dropped dramatically because I ended up in such a poor area with a lower birth rate
-They hire a lot of people with NO photography experience whatsoever, that can't even hold an SLR camera. This is why so many people are dissatisfied with this job, if you can't take good pictures then you aren't going to sell.
-sometimes relationships with nurses at the hospital can be hostile
-Not a job for you if you have a mortgage to pay, but amazing as a side job to earn extra money!

-Base commission structure off of a hospitals birth rate, so those working in slow hospitals still have potential to earn a good amount of money.
-If you're hiring someone with no photography experience, put them on a brief probationary period to make sure they can actually take a decent photo.

124 Other Employee Reviews for Mom365 (View Most Recent)

Loved my job, but a few down sides

Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Carbondale, IL
    Former Employee - Newborn Photographer in Carbondale, IL

I worked at Mom365 part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Okay, so you get to see newborn babies all day! That was the greatest part! Good pay if you know how to sell sell sell!

Cons

This is NOT a photography job! There is no creative freedom. You go off of a pose guide. The sales technique is old fashioned. When I say old fashioned I mean you are pretty much forcing people to buy, not giving them more affordable options that they could better use.

Worst Company I ever worked for

Current Employee - Msr in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Msr in Denver, CO

I have been working at Mom365 full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The hosptial staff and working with newborn babies

Cons

Bad pay, their training teaches you to force parents to buy pictures, bad training, bad managment, lack of communication, I went 2 years without a single day off and the company doesn't appreciate their employees.

When you have an employee who gives everything they have to the postion appreciate them and pay them for it so you don't have the high turnover. The way this company treats it's emplyees is wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Mom365