Moma

www.moma.org

Like joining the priesthood

Curatorial Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe prestige is, of course, enormous. Go to a cocktail party and say you work at MoMA and all of a sudden the room lights up. In the curatorial department, you'll meet everyone - or at least you'll be near everyone; you might not get to talk to anyone at all if you don't throw some elbows.

ConsNeurotic in the extreme. Colleague approach their work with the intensity of bankers but with none of the salaries. Too big and too small at the same time - communication is poor, and there's no real opportunity for advancement. Punishingly low salaries, of course, but no worse than anywhere else in the New York art world.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your younger staff. We're smarter than you give us credit for, and if you gave us a bit more leeway you'd find we can thrive.

Come for the art, stay for the coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Moma full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Outstanding exhibitions and programs, the best collection in the world, really awesome coworkers. Other museums pale in… Cons: Staff can be overloaded with work. Promotions aren't handled fairly.… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to the details, and try to show that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great co-workers but low paid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Moma as a contractor

Pros: Great people, good perks like free tickets to New York… Cons: Low salary, hard to move up More

There are newer reviews on Moma.

Worked for Moma? Contribute to the Community!