Moma

good

Current Employee - Accountant
Current Employee - Accountant

I have been working at Moma

Pros

good environment for woking in

Cons

tiried tasks for stuaff worked there

money

19 Other Employee Reviews for Moma (View Most Recent)

Good experiences both as a researcher and a lecturer

I have been working at Moma

Pros

great place to work among art museums in nyc

Cons

tough getting in and sometimes staying in

Eye opening experience into the world of various collections, exhibitions, and departments

I worked at Moma as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Interning in the Library department was a great opportunity to learn and observe how libraries complement museums and operate within the larger framework of art museums like the moma. I spent most of my time in the stacks locating and processing materials for hold or reserve so I saw and read all kinds of fascinating art books. The photography books section was one of my favorite sections to work on. In addition to my departmental work, I had the opportunity to participate in "enrichment activities" each Tuesday designed to increase understanding of the Museum's various collections, exhibitions, and departments. Senior management was very friendly and respectful to staff members.

Cons

The only issue I had was the lack of any form of stipend or compensation although having free access to the galleries whenever I wanted was great.

Consider giving out some sort of weekly or monthly stipend to your interns. It could go a long way in making sure interns are able to make to work every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Moma