Momentive
www.momentive.com Columbus, OH 5000+ Employees

Seems good until you actually work there.

Columbus, OH

I have been working at Momentive

ProsSalary can be good depending on the position. Company offers use of corporate tickets to some sport and concert events. A good place to gain some experience since you will be thrown into your position and then leave for a better job and not feel bad.

ConsSome of the people are wonderful to work with and for, but, there are many more who will lie, cheat, backstab, throw you under the bus if you aren't looking. Managers hold opportunities over direct reports like dangling carrots but rarely actually make them available. The company seems family friendly until you are forced to work 50 and 60 hour weeks with no over time pay or recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need to lead by example. Managers need to pay attention to direct reports and offer praise when due. Managers should base reviews more on actual performance versus ass kissing.

none

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
High Point, NC

I worked at Momentive

Pros: Independence to manage a market area without constant supervision. Cons: Lack of training for advancement Advice to Senior Management: Evaluate employees for advancement No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Though disappointing thus far, I am optomistic- provided an openness for change happens.

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Momentive

Pros: Hexion pays well. Also, there is a chance for a major merger in the near future which should provide for some… Cons: Hexion is facing tough market conditions right now, like its parent company. Also, a failed merger with Huntsman has… Advice to Senior Management: Please be open to change. Even if things have worked in the past, there is usually room for improvement.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Momentive.

Worked for Momentive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Momentive reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Momentive CEO Craig O. Morrison. All reviews posted anonymously by Momentive employees.