Mondelez International

www.mondelezinternational.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mondelez International

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Ontario, CA
Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Mondelez International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Willing to work around family issues
Competitive pay

Cons

Loyalty to employees is lacking
Hire from outside over from within company

Look at your current employees before posting positions outside the company

244 Other Employee Reviews for Mondelez International (View Most Recent)

Great brands and emerging markets footprint but....

I have been working at Mondelez International (more than 10 years)

Pros

We have great brands in North America and around the world, and are well-positioned to grow in the emerging markets. Talented colleagues in brand management (marketing) and R&D. Good benefits and generous vacation policy for an American company. If one can survive the bumpy road post-split from Kraft, I think the company has some real upside long-term.

Cons

Senior leaders constantly describe Mondelez as a $35B USD start-up - a start-up would imply a truly new culture that is nimble, open, and transparent. So far, this does not appear to be the case. The C-level executives and 1-2 levels below the C-level are primarily long time veterans of the old Kraft Foods, so it has hard to see how the vision and leadership will be transformed overnight with the same tired senior management. There are also far too many VPs, Sr. Directors, and Directors who few people know what they do - they seem to be part of the protected people in staff positions where they can't bother too many others. These individuals seemingly are protected during the annual reorganization/ layoff announcements while lower level employees always suffer the brunt of the headcount reduction. Obviously, when this is so obvious, it does not help morale. In some functions, we appear to have an inverted pyramid organization structure.

Be transparent with employees, get rid of the "in crowd" vs "out of the crowd" culture, and stop with the layoff announcements every other year. Stop moving people around to new roles every 1-2 years - few people have the time to truly become experts in their area and give back to the role and company. Too much focus on short-term impact in the role and moving on to the next bigger thing.

NO LOYALTY HERE

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Mondelez International full-time

Pros

Good amount of PTO. Company car. Early hours.

Cons

As a sales rep, you will be forced to push WAY more product than your stores need. If you don't hit your numbers, you'll be gone. I was with the for 9 years. I never had a single sick day, I never had an order refused, my CUSTOMERS loved me. But since my territory was so lopsided to one store (Safeway), it was difficult to give the crazy numbers they wanted.

Be loyal to your people, especially the ones that were loyal to you. You can't sustain 8 percent growth every year so cut your people some slack.

There are newer employer reviews for Mondelez International