Great work environment

Former Intern - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA
Former Intern - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Monetate as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- The people are fantastic. - Great product. Truly believe in it. - Catered lunch. - Encourage workers to take a break from work and play a game of ping pong or something. - Team environment. Willing to help each other out.

Cons

- Very demanding. While the company enjoys having it's fun, they definitely get things done. As an intern, it was incredibly demanding but well worth it.

Advice to Management

You guys are killin' it. keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Monetate

Pretentious Cult-Like Environment

Current Employee - Engineering in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Monetate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I bought into the hype of working at Monetate and here is what I have learned so far: -Free lunch daily.

Cons

-Monetate does not QA its own product. I almost fell off my chair when I found this out. This leads to poor quality control and it shows within the product. - The company culture is kind of creepy. It almost has a snobby “cult” feel to it. This is presumably due to the way the pretentious CEO runs the company. - Job titles are inflated beyond belief. It seems that 80% of the employees have “engineer” in their title, yet they’re not really engineers (QA “Engineer”....Sales “Engineer”...really?!? Lets be realistic folks!) - Upper management lacks direction and as another reviewer mentioned here - it’s like a “good ol’ boys network.” Some of the people in upper management roles here (i.e., the SVP) would likely be managers (at most) in established companies. - Lots of “cliques” - remember how it was in high school? Yep - same way here. - True product management doesn’t exist here. There’s no true product roadmap. Wait, a roadmap? What's that? My point exactly. - People seem to feel a sense of "entitlement" here. - Benefits are pretty awful. No retirement match and the medical benefits are very sub-par.

Advice to Management

If true upper managment existed here, my advice would be to wake up and realize that it's time to whip this company into shape. Internal policies are lacking beyond belief and the internal siloes keep growing taller by the month as we continue to staff up as such a rapid pace.

Lots of perks, but with challenges

I have been working at Monetate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Decent line of products that seem to be selling -Flexible work/life balance -Employees tend to respect each other when face-to-face anyway -There are groups of smart & talented people working here -Free lunch daily

Cons

-Products are often created with little focus on usability. Instead, the idea is to churn out products and fix issues later. Not bad if you are a start-up, but Monetate is no longer a start-up and the more clients we get, the more these issues are noticed. -Disparate internal systems leads to lots of wasted time and double-work. -Fast growth is beginning to create silos. The start-up feel still exists but is beginning to erode. -Product Management fails to communicate a strategy/roadmap (if one exists). -Health benefits are mediocre at best. This is likely because Monetate attracts a younger workforce. -No 401k match. I'll pack my lunch if you provide some sort of retirement match.

Advice to Management

It's time to place a focus on product development strategy. We can think like a start-up all we want, but we need to act like a company when it comes to road-mapping our products and meeting client needs. The competitors are taking notice to what Monetate has accomplished and it's about time we push things to the next level. “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.”