Empowering and Supportive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Warwick, RI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Money Management International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The reason I have stayed with MMI for so long is the support of my management team. You are not just an employee, if you show genuine interest for what you do they will support you and help develop you both personally and professionally. And my boss - she always has my back - how many people can actually say that....EXACTLY!!! The staff here is great too - work is my home away from home and I am glad to have this family.

Cons

Who doesn't want to make more money?

Keep making the changes necessary to keep us at the top of our game. The better we do, the more opportunities for ourselves and our employees.

Other Reviews for Money Management International

Client gratification makes it worth coming to work each day

Current Employee - Support Counselor  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Support Counselor in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Money Management International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helping consumers achieve their financial goals make this a very rewarding job to come to each day. It gives you a sense of purpose.

Cons

This would be a great place to work if you could come to work each day and just do the job at hand. Unfortunately that is not the case therefore the cons often outweigh the pros. I had never heard about this site (glass door) until about mid April. I heard 2 of my co-workers talking about it. They were among a select few that were contacted by someone from marketing as some of the "Best of the Best" from MMI to go to this site to rate our company and write a review. When I logged into this site I immediately saw why they were solicited to do so. The overall rating was not good at all. One thing I did notice was the reviews were all fairly consistent. Most employees were generally satisfied with their job function but dissatisfied with their management. I also learned from my 2 co-workers that immediately after receiving the email inviting them to write a review for this site that they then received 3 emails from our management that this is intended to be a positive review. When I asked if either of them intended to write a review they both said no. I did however notice that there were others that did chose to take the bait. You can tell by the rash of positive reviews in late April of 2013. They were all from other locations than I am in. That is one thing about MMI. Location makes a difference. The management in my location like to tell everyone that they have an open door policy and that we are like family. Well I can tell you for sure that this is not a family you would want to be part of. The only resemblance of family in my office is the "sisterhood" which is our management team. Everyone else is expendable. I have worked at MMI for more than 5 years and one very valuable thing I have learned is to do your best to stay under the radar. If you come to work and preform the basic requirements of your job and don't deviate up or down you should be fine.

I wouldn't dare

Working at MMI is fulfilling, it offers an opportunity to learn something new every day.

Pros

Working at MMI gives me the opportunity to positively impact the lives of others. When families have financial hardships, they generally have other problems that stem from the financial challenges. Helping them gain control of their finances, positively impacts the other areas of their life.

Cons

Families burdened by debt can become stressed and people under stress are not always the easiest to deal with. At times, this can be challenging but most people are grateful when they realize we are truly here to help them.

No specific advice for upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Money Management International.

Worked for Money Management International? Contribute to the Community!