There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International

Loved what I did and the team I worked on; hated my experience with HR and the corporate BS.

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Brooklyn Center, MN
Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Brooklyn Center, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

MGI is an industry leader and appears to be stabelizing. They claim to be growing and provide satisfactory benefits and competetive pay.

Cons

About 2 months after I was hired HR contacted me and informed me that my offer had contained an error in that my bonus should be 5% instead of the 10% I had accepted. Through some negotiation I was able to obtain a one-time bonus payment and the bonus percent was reduced to the pay grade standard of 5%.

MGI's compliace department is going through a major transition in that the vast majority of the compliance teams are being moved to Dallas, TX. This may make sense in an organizational structure type of way, but the transition and leadership plan is anything but smooth. It's as if the decision makers didn't realize how much of an undertaking it would be to transition over 100 positions to a new location where I would venture to guess less than 10% of the employees were offered or accepted relocation. Talk about reinventing the wheel. The communication throughout the process left a lot to be desired and the decision to move operations came as a shock to everyone, even some senior leaders.

I think training in empathy would be beneficial. Ending a meeting where dozens of people had just been informed that their jobs were no longer available with "but we are really excited in the direction MoneyGram is headed" is a little insensitive, to say the least. I think it displays a huge disconnect between senior leaders and the people who are truly running the compliance operations. Without is, your job would be insanely difficult, and I think you're beginning to see that as people leave and replacements are hard to come by. You made your bed, and I don't have a single ounce of sympathy for you.

98 Other Employee Reviews for MoneyGram International (View Most Recent)

A place of uncertainty.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

The benefit package that's available is pretty good. New hires come in with a nice amount of paid time off days.

Cons

Everything is changing so swiftly within the company, it is really hard to trust anything that is coming from upper management.

Openly communicate with your employees, the sooner the better. All employees are aware of the changes that is being made and you have a lot of loyal employees that haven't felt like the loyalty has been returned.

Not a forward thinking company, always two steps behind.

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

I enjoyed my co wokers and modern buildings. They also offered fitness centers and for employees.

Cons

poor communication with employees. No advancement opportunintes. They do not listen to the voice of employee well. Invest in employees.

Listen to employee and offer more advancement opportunites. Invest to techolongly fpr the organzation. not only for Sales group but for operations of the company. No manual reporting.

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International