MoneyGram International

www.moneygram.com
  www.moneygram.com
There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International

Decent company and good local management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, good work environment with the opportunity to advance however they decided to mostly leave the Denver area

Cons

Low pay, odd hours, bad location for a headquarters and old outdated systems being used

Don't give the run around to your local management and staff. Spend some time, research and money updating systems and processes.

104 Other Employee Reviews for MoneyGram International (View Most Recent)

Best Money Transfer Service Worldwide

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Provides much needed competition for Western Union by offering superior competitive services at a lower cost. Without MoneyGram, Western Union would surely be able to have nearly a monopoly and would charge higher fees for its services. The ability to work remotely can save money on gas. I like that my desk phone is a direct number so I don't have to give an extension like I have at some companies I have worked for in the past. Having an attached parking ramp to park in for free is definitely a plus. While I might miss the skyway in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, I do not miss the high priced parking they have.

Cons

Benefits could be better as health co-payment are higher than any place I have ever worked before. There is way too much management and not enough people to do the real work in IT. Too many people in too little of space as they are moving people from other floors to one. Cubicles are inadequate for some jobs for the work involved.

I worked at MGI only one year because I needed additional part-time income

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lakewood, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International part-time (more than an year)

Pros

My supervisor was great...always encouraging. She always took time during reviews to build me up and give me suggestions for continued improvement.

Cons

For me, sitting at a computer on the phone all day gets old. If I had stayed with them I would have tried to move to something other than front line customer service.

Have some way for employees to explore possible career paths within the company that seem to fit their strengths and passion(s) based on testing.

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International