There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International

Customer and employee focused

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The first few years of employment, I definitely had a good sense that the company was customer and employee focused. They did a lot to keep the employees satisfied including various raffles, parties, bbqs, etc.
Satisfied customers were what kept the company in business so customer satisfaction was key. Training was extensive for employees and employees were rewarded periodically for their customer interaction excellence.

Cons

Company underwent various reorganizations so focus and structure has altered quite a bit.

98 Other Employee Reviews for MoneyGram International (View Most Recent)

Decent company and good local management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, good work environment with the opportunity to advance however they decided to mostly leave the Denver area

Cons

Low pay, odd hours, bad location for a headquarters and old outdated systems being used

Don't give the run around to your local management and staff. Spend some time, research and money updating systems and processes.

Best Money Transfer Service Worldwide

Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer IV in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Provides much needed competition for Western Union by offering superior competitive services at a lower cost. Without MoneyGram, Western Union would surely be able to have nearly a monopoly and would charge higher fees for its services. The ability to work remotely can save money on gas. I like that my desk phone is a direct number so I don't have to give an extension like I have at some companies I have worked for in the past. Having an attached parking ramp to park in for free is definitely a plus. While I might miss the skyway in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul, I do not miss the high priced parking they have.

Cons

Benefits could be better as health co-payment are higher than any place I have ever worked before. There is way too much management and not enough people to do the real work in IT. Too many people in too little of space as they are moving people from other floors to one. Cubicles are inadequate for some jobs for the work involved.

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International