There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International

Structural mess

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros

There may be chances of growth if you work in a region and you are close to the geographic leader or very very lucky

Cons

Useless cycles of continuous restructuring to let money circle around proposing business models abandoned few months earlier. Many global directors think they are Gods but their style of management is based on envy, anger, frustration.

How can I give advise to the people who has to be removed to let things work?

98 Other Employee Reviews for MoneyGram International (View Most Recent)

Don't go there unless you are unemployed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros

Since it is an understaffed company lacking of a structured organization you will be asked to take accountability in several tasks ranging from strategy to poorly administrative stuff. In my perception, coming from a well structured multinational, very far from being considered a real Pros, in MG in very few months you'll be able to put your hands in almost every topic of your department. Careful! I said put your hands and not manage...

Cons

Absence of any kind of organizational structure. Absence of any mid/long term view. Very bad company climate and morale. Cost saving attitude which is generating two major kind of issues: 1) no interest in upgrading a system which should be central in the service marketed and it is indeed creating huge problems 2) chronic understaffing which is generating a poor execution in delivering any kind of activity

In one sentence: inadequate management for a company which would need a great effort to survive in a tough competitive arena

Start applying a real long term view unless you wanna bankrupt this company in less than 10 year.
    There is a huge work to do in different areas (staff management- organizational - IT) and it is probably too late already; start focusing where it really matters.

OK experience

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros

Nice working environment, nice people

Cons

pay a little less than I expect

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International