MoneyGram International

www.moneygram.com

Rug pulled out from underneath

Project Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAwesome project teams and dedication to get the job done! Lots of camaraderie amongst technical teams. Can be a fun place to work.

ConsThird iteration of PMO Senior Management. Mid level management is volatile with high turn over and new managers don't fully understand the business when advised of technical challenges.

Senior management impose new role standards with no consideration of past valued efforts from IT professionals.

To much heroics with bi-monthly core release and then infrastructure release the next month. Back to back releases puts considerable amount of pressure on the technical teams. Seldom, any documentation of technical processes, and high SME resignations leave a substantial knowledge gap.

Impose unrealistic project management framework processes on projects already executing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrandfather projects from processes to avoid undue burden.

Consider giving the veterans the benefit of the doubt especially if they stick around in good faith. There is something to be said about not bailing ship.

Mid-level management cannot be telling IT professionals they are invaluable and then give them low complexity assignments when they are capable of much more. That is insulting their intelligence and experience.

good company ran into tough economy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MoneyGram International

Pros: generally really great people, very nice Cons: money-focused and not value focused Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Compliance analyst

Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great experience , allot to learn Cons: Tough hours, low salary, you have to work on holidays Advice to Senior Management: Need to provide more feed backs and care about employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on MoneyGram International.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!