MoneyGram International

www.moneygram.com

It's all about MoneyGram

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people in the trenches are great, hard-working, smart, innovative, adaptable, etc. There is a strong work ethic, and in the 'right' department, you will find a work family.

ConsSalaried employees will find they are on call 24/7. The company is filled with many new employees or even long-term employees who never received proper training and thereby suck the life out of anyone with any knowledge of how the business actually works or how to resolve complex issues. MoneyGram does not care about or value its employees as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementShipping all the operations jobs overseas won't work well and dangling the 'promise' of a nice little package (so the current employees will stay to train their replacements) at the end without actually inking the deal is not conducive to a collaborative, effective environment and transition. The learning curve is vertical.

The promise of investing in your career is a pipe dream. Outsourcing to India is wide spread and increasing

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Like the airline management team that decided to save $2 million annually by reducing the number of tomatoes in salads, the mgmt team at MoneyGram… Cons: Management says they care about their employees while their actions are completely opposite. More FTE jobs being outsourced in the name… Advice to Senior Management: All suggestions to management are ignored, so why bother? No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Overall a decent company to work for in the last few year it has taken a turn towards moving jobs overseas.

Workforce Analyst (Current Employee) Lakewood, CO

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Pay is good for the area and competitive Cons: outsourcing majority of US jobs No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on MoneyGram International.

Worked for MoneyGram International? Contribute to the Community!