MoneyGram International

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International

Cost cutting - To what end

Current Employee - Technical Support in Brooklyn Center, MN
Current Employee - Technical Support in Brooklyn Center, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Overall, the co-workers I deal with are great. My supervisors over the last 10+ years have been pretty good. Benefits are not bad.

Cons

Benefits have steadily eroded since I joined. Less vacation time. Higher premiums for Insurance. Fewer opportunities. Fewer paid holidays.

Morale is horrible throughout the company.

Information is sketchy and rumors spread like wildfire.

Weak executive leadership that is absolutely horrible at communicating with customers or employees.

Lack of direction. Trying to react to market with "me too" solutions. No innovation.

Outmoded systems.

Total lack of respect for front-line employees.

Get a clue. Quit thinking about your next bonus and the next quarter. Maybe it is time to think long - term strategy. This is a business that will likely boom as more and more people in the US are forced away from the traditional banking system. But you won't be part of it if you lose your biggest and best customers today.

104 Other Employee Reviews for MoneyGram International (View Most Recent)

Worked for MoneyGram 15 years...currently for online product

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

Rapidly growing company, helps many people. I have awesome coworkers and a great relationship with my department leadership. Talk to a wide range of customers every day.

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement. The company seems to be moving away from an emphasis on customer service toward company-wide cost cutting. It is a shame so many people must lose their jobs in the next year.

Moving jobs outside US can't be the only way to cut costs. I predict fraud and chargeback rate will skyrocket. Keep MGO operations in US.

Great company to work with

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at MoneyGram International as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is always a great work life balance and always opportunities to learn new things for the company is up-todate in the technological front.

Cons

Changes implemented are more rapid with less time for the associates to assimilate them and go with the change.

There are newer employer reviews for MoneyGram International