Dysfunctional, Archaic Culture, Little Direction

Former Employee - IT in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - IT in Dallas, TX

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time

Pros

There are some nice people,

Cons

This has to be one of the most archaic cultures you will find. If you want long hours, below market compensation, only 6 paid holidays and poor, indecisive, but secretive elitist management, then this is the place for you. Consider working there at your own risk. It will seem fine going in, but you will quickly question your decision. They are hiring because the turnover is high and their compensation is below market for nearly all of their roles. I was in IT and I saw and heard how disgruntled the full-time workers were throughout the company with salary, benefits and the micromanaging culture. Also, the Wal-Mart impact is bigger than what they are telling everyone. They are going to layoff and outsource jobs soon.

Advice to Management

Not sure what you can tell people who get paid a ton of money and won't listen or pay attention to what they see, namely the high turnover.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

It's 'okay'...I guess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mostly good people, good pay, decent benefits, good PTO offering. Committed to compliance and consumer education regarding scams.

Cons

Limited number of company Holidays (6), always reactive versus proactive when responding to the competitive landscape, little to no visibility into upper management, lots of politics throughout the company, lack of communication throughout company. Company culture doesn't seem to have been fully defined - it seems to differ by department.

Advice to Management

Work to better establish the company culture. Offer more training to develop leaders/managers in the company.

Worked for MoneyGram 15 years...currently for online product

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

Rapidly growing company, helps many people. I have awesome coworkers and a great relationship with my department leadership. Talk to a wide range of customers every day.

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement. The company seems to be moving away from an emphasis on customer service toward company-wide cost cutting. It is a shame so many people must lose their jobs in the next year.

Advice to Management

Moving jobs outside US can't be the only way to cut costs. I predict fraud and chargeback rate will skyrocket. Keep MGO operations in US.