Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com

Great place to work, with a few recent bumps in the road

Current Employee - Senor Software Developer  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Senor Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Work/Life Balance is excellent. Management is very accommodating when family issues require a change in work schedule.
Excellent benefits package.
Very competent coworkers with a minimum of drama for a company this size.

Cons

Multiple recent reorganizations, with and without cuts, are a drain on productivity and morale.
There is not a clearly communicated advancement path for technical positions.

Realize that reorganizations and cuts not only impact those that are cut, but also have a huge morale and productivity impact on those that remain. In the future, try to not to hire so many so fast during the good times, so we aren't forced to cut as much during the lean times.

Other reviews for Monsanto Company

Frustrating, opportunities to advance are scarce and have been for the last 3 years.

Current Employee - Internal Audit  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Internal Audit in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Monsanto has a gorgeous campus and overall very nice facilities. My schedule is relatively flexible, I can arrive at work at 6am and leave by 2pm, as long as I am at 40 hours by the end of the week its not a problem.

Cons

Working side by side with some of the laziest individuals who accomplish in one week what literally takes me an hour. Though specific incidents have been brought to the attention of management things remain unchanged, an email might go out to the whole department "reminding" us to work as efficiently as possible. This is my first experience in a corporate setting which I understand will be very different from private but if the stockholders saw the performance of these paid employees I guarantee they would be outraged.

Take action.

Talented, professional colleagues make Monsanto an excellent place to work and grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

The people you get to work with are top quality. They all have something to teach you and all know how to have fun, too. The company is very good about safety and a work-life balance. Working at the headquarters also offers an invaluable opportunity to collaborate with and meet people from all different departments.

Cons

As with all big companies, many decisions are driven by politics. Entire projects and even departments have been cut suddenly.

In my experience, meeting regularly with one's superior to get feedback on performance has been key in keeping employees motivated and interested in what they do. It helps to maintain a stream of communication that emphasizes the roles that one's day-to-day responsibilities play in the larger picture.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!