Glad for the experience and glad it's over

Current Employee - IT Infrastructure  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - IT Infrastructure in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

--Salary
--Benefits
--Friendships
--A really terrific severance package if you're able to tough it out
--The reign of terror once over IT Infrastructure has been moved back to Commercial
--The incompetent 'senior leader' and over opinionated 'soccer mom' both quit shortly after getting new leadership

Cons

--Reviews based upon how much your manager likes you, not what you are able to deliver
--Hiring based upon enthics/gender and not qualifications
--Interchangeable staff--'move every 3 years'
--No true work-life balance or fit
--Extreme dating scene! So many married, dating, or divorced couples
--Very short term focused. Does not look at the long term impact

Get real feedback, from your employees and your customers, not customed and tailored such that you only hear what you want to hear.

Other Reviews for Monsanto Company

Great place to work, with a few recent bumps in the road

Current Employee - Senor Software Developer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senor Software Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Work/Life Balance is excellent. Management is very accommodating when family issues require a change in work schedule.
    Excellent benefits package.
    Very competent coworkers with a minimum of drama for a company this size.

Cons

Multiple recent reorganizations, with and without cuts, are a drain on productivity and morale.
    There is not a clearly communicated advancement path for technical positions.

Realize that reorganizations and cuts not only impact those that are cut, but also have a huge morale and productivity impact on those that remain. In the future, try to not to hire so many so fast during the good times, so we aren't forced to cut as much during the lean times.

Frustrating, opportunities to advance are scarce and have been for the last 3 years.

Current Employee - Internal Audit  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Internal Audit in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Monsanto has a gorgeous campus and overall very nice facilities. My schedule is relatively flexible, I can arrive at work at 6am and leave by 2pm, as long as I am at 40 hours by the end of the week its not a problem.

Cons

Working side by side with some of the laziest individuals who accomplish in one week what literally takes me an hour. Though specific incidents have been brought to the attention of management things remain unchanged, an email might go out to the whole department "reminding" us to work as efficiently as possible. This is my first experience in a corporate setting which I understand will be very different from private but if the stockholders saw the performance of these paid employees I guarantee they would be outraged.

Take action.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!