Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com
  www.monsanto.com
There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

The people here at Monsanto are great.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Creve Coeur, MO
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Friendly people everywhere.
Career development help is readily available.
Wellness center on site to work out.
Encourage learning new things.

Cons

At first the campus seems huge and can be hard to navigate, but once you get used to it, it is fine.

463 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Great products and making a resal difference in the ramrod

Cons

Can be a little political. Now moreso than in previous years.

Keep it transparent!

Depending on what department you are in, could be painful or could be good

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

its tough to find words that can describe positivity in the current state. Typically, this company is good for supporting and fostering new ideas and providing a trusting environment. With so many mixed messages coming through, its difficult to understand expectations in our own organization.

Cons

Depending on where you work, could be okay. My organization is struggling and you can tell its obvious that leadership struggles to compliment their workforce. The context for which they hire new leadership (completely replaced recently) is this place needs a complete shape up, which brings in managers who dont care about people or give credit to the expertise or capabilities. A TON of NON-value add work is exhausting. Sick of not having a work-life balance. I go home on weekends to catch up on sleep, just to redo it again the next week. Its physically and mentally exhausting. Nothing wrong with high expectations, but lose the negative attitude behind it and you will get better results through your people. Its really hard to keep up and network with others outside of your immediate organization because there is a lack of time and support. Either reduce workload and expectations, or hire more people.

A manager told me to get a hobby to balance work and life, so i did, but they dont want to roll their sleeves up and help with the workload issue. Then you get dirty looks and negative comments for for not delivering 80 hours worth of work in 45. I am not the person that is truly not happy. 50% of the department or more, is on anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medications.

They have hired new leadership that clashes with the Monsanto culture. Not sure when the last time I heard a 'good job'.

stop adding layers and layers of leadership who provide no additional value. Say thanks once in a while. Overall, I do enjoy working at Monsanto, but for now its really hard to say anything positive in the current state. I dont really know whats happening in the broader company, as we are so focused on appeasing our own department leadership team, in which its completely authoritative, which is actually not feeling good. Humbleism and Humility go a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company