Depending on what department you are in, could be painful or could be good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

its tough to find words that can describe positivity in the current state. Typically, this company is good for supporting and fostering new ideas and providing a trusting environment. With so many mixed messages coming through, its difficult to understand expectations in our own organization.

Cons

Depending on where you work, could be okay. My organization is struggling and you can tell its obvious that leadership struggles to compliment their workforce. The context for which they hire new leadership (completely replaced recently) is this place needs a complete shape up, which brings in managers who dont care about people or give credit to the expertise or capabilities. A TON of NON-value add work is exhausting. Sick of not having a work-life balance. I go home on weekends to catch up on sleep, just to redo it again the next week. Its physically and mentally exhausting. Nothing wrong with high expectations, but lose the negative attitude behind it and you will get better results through your people. Its really hard to keep up and network with others outside of your immediate organization because there is a lack of time and support. Either reduce workload and expectations, or hire more people.

A manager told me to get a hobby to balance work and life, so i did, but they dont want to roll their sleeves up and help with the workload issue. Then you get dirty looks and negative comments for for not delivering 80 hours worth of work in 45. I am not the person that is truly not happy. 50% of the department or more, is on anti-anxiety or anti-depressant medications.

They have hired new leadership that clashes with the Monsanto culture. Not sure when the last time I heard a 'good job'.

stop adding layers and layers of leadership who provide no additional value. Say thanks once in a while. Overall, I do enjoy working at Monsanto, but for now its really hard to say anything positive in the current state. I dont really know whats happening in the broader company, as we are so focused on appeasing our own department leadership team, in which its completely authoritative, which is actually not feeling good. Humbleism and Humility go a long way.

Other Reviews for Monsanto Company

Monsanto leadership has no vision for innovation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

The benefits package is decent.

Cons

Leadership has no vision for innovation.Within the company, the percentage of innovation and discovery is very low. Most of the planning managers lost touch with science. Everyone is evaluated as a 'cost'. A mediocre scientist who will go with the flow could be happy at Monsanto.

Monsanto's primary job is to make shareholders happy not to feed the world so be honest about what Monsanto is. Leadership is detached from the rest of the company. Listening and understanding your people will help shape the company future.

Great company! work/life balance and satisfying/challenging career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Monsanto is a good place to work. They invest in their employees, provide opportunity to advance and grow into new areas, and respects work/life balance

Cons

roles across the company change continuously. While this gives a lot of opportunity to try new things, it also creates an environment of often shifting strategies and varying degrees of competence.

The senior management should strive to develop greater stability in mid and upper managerial roles and strategy, particularly within the technology side of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!